Off-Road Knives and Tools - What do you carry?

dhjeepgeek

Reaction
just don't carry a knife on your person in mexico..any kind of knife..
Whats up with that, they have never said a thing to me.
In California you can't carry a non-folding knife concealed, it's a felony.

South Texas Racer

Reaction
Always have my Kershaw on me, other then that, there's is a small tool bag I keep in my truck.

Ken Onion blade with the rubber integrated in the handle. That's a great knife just switched to this knife from my Bench Made.

randy s

Reaction
Whats up with that, they have never said a thing to me.
In California you can't carry a non-folding knife concealed, it's a felony.
it's against the law..usually only enforced by city cops out to make a buck ..kartman was hauled in a couple of years ago for having a pocket knife on him in ensenada..i realize alot of guys have carried a good pocket knife for years and will carry one anyway..up to you...just don't be all that shocked if you get shook down and end up in the can if they find one on you..

treypal

Reaction
Benchmade knife and a sog power assist multitool, It has a 1:14 leverage vs 1:8 that leatherman and gerber have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trent06

Mush
Reaction
Camburg Pocket Knife
Small LED flashlight
Magnesium Stick

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

BajaFand

Reaction
it's against the law..usually only enforced by city cops out to make a buck ..kartman was hauled in a couple of years ago for having a pocket knife on him in ensenada..i realize alot of guys have carried a good pocket knife for years and will carry one anyway..up to you...just don't be all that shocked if you get shook down and end up in the can if they find one on you..

Wow, I've never heard of that. I've carried my Kershaw with me down there for years, walked all around the towns and through contingency and in the bars, stopped at the border going south and checked out by Federales and never had a problem. I will definitely be more conscious about it this weekend.

I don't know exactly what the law says in Mexico. I know in the US if you carry a pocket knife and you keep it inside your pocket it is completely legal as long as the pocked clip is on the outside of your pants and visible. Do you know if this is true in Mexico as well? It's how I carry my spring loaded Kershaw. Is it only illegal to carry a knife within city limits or is it in all of MX?

dhjeepgeek

Reaction
So Kartman was just walking down the street quietly minding his own business. 1:30 am in front of Paris, maybe. Just a guess

1fastbean

Rookie
Reaction
Never go anywhere without my Leatherman and KA-BAR, including baja. I do however try not to carry them with me when in town and just leave them in my truck. If your itching to carry, just wait till you get out in the desert and you'll be fine.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401776937004.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401776937004.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 170

randy s

Reaction
So Kartman was just walking down the street quietly minding his own business. 1:30 am in front of Paris, maybe. Just a guess
not sure exactly what happened but it damned sure happened..i think it's a deal where if your overserved as an example and acting the fool, it's something they can nail you for..and i'm not saying that was the case with kartman either.i don't carry a pocket knife myself and have leathermans tools and machetes in my rides when i'm there..if you're not drawing attention to yourself i'm sure no one will bother you with a pocket knife.

Baja Bryan

Reaction
Yea in mexico no pocket knives. They will harass you for sure if its concealed. better that its in a tool box or locked away.

1450-ranger

Reaction
A knife, whether fixed blade or an extending folding knife, concealed on someone's person capable of being used a "cutting weapon" is a felony (now a wobbler) in California. If the knife is in a sheath or similar which is not concealed is not a crime. The knife also must be ready to use. So a concealed folding knife w/o the blade folded out does not meet this criteria. Nor does a large fixed-blade knife in a sheath like the motorcycle gang guys carry.

For reference the California Penal Code is 21310 (previously 12020(a)(4)). Other states are obviously different.