off road pc games

michael_loomis

anyone have any suggestions for off road pc games . leadfoot and mm2 or ok , but i prefer nature terrain on four wheels :) lets hear some opinions !

partybarge_pilot

Smugglers run and the new WRC game with all the actual cars in it. We also have a quad game that kicks ass, but I can't remeber the name.

BeevDawg

4x4 Evolution 2 is probably the best your getting for pc.

i got a bug, its tight

CoiloverKid

i've been interning for phantagram (a game developer) for a long time, doing some graphics and texturing. i'm currently working on this game for the xbox and PC called STRIDER. when it arrives, you should all check it out!!!!!!!!!

but anyways, i'm trying to get word around to make a true offroad racing game. i'm talking GRAN TURISMO of offroad. featuring KING and SAW and every major brand ... you could adjust everything on the trucks and cars like GT. the courses would be open desert, not feeling like a "tunnel'' racer. and there'd be a free ride mode..various locations would be glamis , ocotillo, barstow, baja, africa, hawaii, and some others ... dunno yet. what i'd like to do is get Mike Smith to work in conjuction with the developers to show how things on a full race truck functions, via his CAD designs and such. so in the games you could see the real working 4 link (instead of the funky 4 wheel a-arm suspension in 4x4 evo). it's just an idea but so far the lead designers havent dismissed the idea. and theyre always listening! i'm trying to do some 3D renders of trucks in my spare time when i'm not working on strident and when i have some pics i'll try to post them ... if phantagram wont do it, i'll take the idea to someone else!

Keep it sideways.

Vtr_Racing

Thats a great idea. You need to contact Rob Rinard at Rainbow studios. He is the main guy who help develop Motocross Madness 1 and 2. Also ATV OffRoad fury. Or get in touch with Stephan Roncada. He also helped with the development of MCM2. He is working on a new racing game or trying to get another one going similar to MCM2. Not sure what platform it will be on but hopefully it will be available on PC. Rainbow Studios has been bought out by another company and not sure who they are. If you need help getting in touch with Robb Rinard, or Roncada, send me a PM and I can pass that info along and maybe you guys can get some dialogue going. If you need help in testing the game or anything, would be glad to help out. Did beta testing on MCM2 since they first thought of coming out with it.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://vtrracing.50megs.com/> Speed Safely</A>

michael_loomis

ATV fury 2 is coming out for PS2 also ....its going to be multiplayer. Coilover , i'd love to help test the games out also . I'd help anyway possible , i'm an avid gamer and co-ridin a lot of races and a couple of championships , so i've got a lot of input to add !

Im really tired of all these mud bogger lookin games....i got a stiffy when i first saw the box for Larry Raglands game .... then i turned it over and saw some screen shots ...YUCK!

JCA

ATV Fury is cool but why are most of the tracks locked? Is there another disk you have to buy? Why even show them on there if they just lock them.

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

partybarge_pilot

You have to win at one track to advance to another. Several hours (and pint's of Ben & Jerry's) worth of tweeking was required by My roomates to get through the whole thing.

gary

jca, ya hafta start a career, and win/progress to unlock the tracks, so you can also race them in arcade mode...i'll give ya a tip....learn the preload...you'll need it ALOT to pass certain tracks that are all whoops sections, and if you don't time them right and preload the heck out of the quad, you won't win them...or... try cheatcc.com for lotsa cool free cheat codes...in case ya dont wanna go thru the trouble ;)

JCA

Thanks. I started a career and have gotten a couple of tracks open. I am not one to sit and play. I almost always have something to do in the garage. This is my boys game but he is only 6 and wouldnt be able to get the tracks open. So I guess I will just have to play it to open the tracks. That is my story and I am sticking to it (espically if the wife asks) lol

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

Waldo

Safehouse
Have you played that game in the desert or enduro (I can't remember which it is) mode? When you get through the championship it unlocks a kickass super-duper quad. If you race in the desert the speed and jumping is unreal. You can find some really interesting cliffs and drop-offs to have fun.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

JCA

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

The Codes to unlock the tracks and the 1000cc quad are WHATEXIT and CHACHING

<hr></blockquote>

Where do you put in the codes?

cliky
www.andrewsracing.com
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by JCA on 10/10/02 01:16 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

JCA

DEoesnt help. I am in that mode but all it asks me is if I want to load data from the card? Explain it as if you were talking to a 6yr old. After all it is his game. Thanks

J.C. Andrews
Andrews Racing
www.andrewsracing.com

farmboy

Back to the origonal topic, there is a game for PC's called Cabelas 4X4 offroad, or something. Takes a while to unlock the cool trucks, but for the $10 i paid it was definitly worth it.

Boy, Farm