Off road racing in Clark county is over

Tube ride

Reaction
4D196286-5B1E-401B-85DF-97BC11020254.jpegIt feels red and blue, not purple

cubed

Reaction
You guys crack me up acting like this Clark county race thing is a big R v D thing. This whole thing is about DEVELOPMENT of the desert south of Vegas, closing the other areas is just a trading card they are using to get the development areas, last I knew the "R"s were in FAVOR of development of the desert, they couldnt care less about a few hundred racers 3 times a year, they want to see it making 1000s of times more $$$$$ 365 days a year. The "R"s may be our friends in other areas but they are perfectly willing to sell out racing by giving up remote areas for AOCEC to get development in the I-15 corridor.

The "D"s on the other hand want to stop EVERYTHING in the desert except turtle watching, they are in the long game, take a bite wherever possible, trade the worthless lake bed for a few more AOCECs in the more remote areas to break up the usable space, win 1/2 and move to the next fight........

The only off road group with any potential pull at this time are the UTV group, this is where all the big money and VOTES are, Far more there than a dinky group of racers. But the UTV group are too diverse and unorganized. They are also easily bought off by a few more modest sized open access areas that are already torn to nothing. Most of the UTV group has not been out there the last 50 years watching the usable desert slowly being chewed up by environmental restrictions, and also development, they are new to this game and fall for the old "we only want to take this little piece and then we're done" line.

NIKAL

Reaction
So from what I’m reading, desert racing is coming to an end as is recreational off roading. When do we hear that BITD, SNORE & Legacy are shutting down? If this is the case, I’d suggest anyone building or thinking of building a new race car or Prerunner to Stop! Call your fab guys and tell them your done. Next I’d start selling off your cars and getting as much money as you can for this soon to be obsolete vehicles. Not sure who’s going to buy it though?

I guess the same can be said for the UTV industry. All these UTV’s are eventually going to be worthless without a place to ride, or the fishbowls they will designate for OHV use, that a few hundred at a time can be in. Get your reservation through an online sites like Reserve California for the state parks.

E.Hagle

Reaction
Make sure you put on your double mask before you bend over and obey everything the enemy tells you

Charlietuna

Reaction
MG, you think he’s funny for sharing that? Are you aware of the Center for Biological Diversity’s stance on OHVs?

Have you ever been to a CARB meeting or a SCAQMD meeting? I have and groups like CBD and Natural Resources Defense Council are very loud and proud about ridding the earth of motorized off highway recreation. Hell, I saw and heard a NRDC member tell a public CARB meeting that if the emissions rules for construction equipment were too onerous and expensive so as to cause some companies to go out of business, they were happy about it, as that was one way to reduce emissions. The job losses were of no concern to them whatsoever.

Those entities, by and large, support politicians with a “D” after their name, who in turn then do their bidding. So yes, if you support off road racing and OHV recreation, then yes, they are an enemy.

Last edited:

jon coleman

Reaction
im more of an elf type( earth liberation front), they torched my old bosses motorhome rental yard down off 28th street, a$$holes, environazis are just that, nazis

green787

Reaction
Make sure you put on your double mask before you bend over and obey everything the enemy tells you
The enemy of off road are Republican construction workers like yourself..... Develop, develop, develop..... Then blame those lefties for all of it, so the wool is tightly pulled over your anti-American, insurrectionist philosophy.....

JDDurfey

Reaction
To me, there is a difference between shutting down an area so it can be used for needed development, which sucks, but somewhat understandable and shutting down an area because they don't like off-roading in general. Of course the latter use the excuse of "saving the tortoise", but we all know that is mostly a bunch of crap because they killed hundreds when they built the completely inefficient solar power plant at Primm.

RothShockService

Reaction
So from what I’m reading, desert racing is coming to an end as is recreational off roading. When do we hear that BITD, SNORE & Legacy are shutting down? If this is the case, I’d suggest anyone building or thinking of building a new race car or Prerunner to Stop! Call your fab guys and tell them your done. Next I’d start selling off your cars and getting as much money as you can for this soon to be obsolete vehicles. Not sure who’s going to buy it though?

I guess the same can be said for the UTV industry. All these UTV’s are eventually going to be worthless without a place to ride, or the fishbowls they will designate for OHV use, that a few hundred at a time can be in. Get your reservation through an online sites like Reserve California for the state parks.
nah well just have to build faster prerunners to outrun the helicopters

jon coleman

Reaction
To me, there is a difference between shutting down an area so it can be used for needed development, which sucks, but somewhat understandable and shutting down an area because they don't like off-roading in general. Of course the latter use the excuse of "saving the tortoise", but we all know that is mostly a bunch of crap because they killed hundreds when they built the completely inefficient solar power plant at Primm.
hmmmmm, i dont remember giving up thousands of acres of land to the environazis when Riverside raceway was developed by those Greeeeedy republicans, wunder how many stuanch hardcore biden supporters live in those suburban wasteland track homes today?

green787

Reaction
Republicans are against America.....(capitol riots) Against Democracy.....(the insurrection)..... and against off roading.......(because they are PRO-DEVELOPMENT).....