Off road racing in Clark county is over

snoreracer

Reaction
This thread is political in nature hence some political conversation is what this thread is all about.
However...

The left/right finger pointing stops now. (Hint: its not a horizontal problem... its vertical)

If thats your thing... continue in our purple section or another platform that allows it.
This is not meant to be political I have been racing for 50 years out of Vegas and this is a land grab no way around it . There is not enough water to support the growth that the county wants. This is a pipe dream to lock up land and make money for the right people. You can sit this one out or join shared trails and fight it

Bro_Gill

Reaction
I think almost every piece of land in California that was close to urban growth and was shut down to off road use became a housing tract years later. Imagine how that works. The eco nazis play the game- They mandate land swaps with anywhere from 3:1 to 12:1 land swaps (for every acre of land turned into developed land 3-12 acres must be purchased and turned over to the Gov't or an environmental non-profit agency to be managed as protected land) and THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS EXTORTION! Why aren't we doing the same thing? This is exactly what is going to happen with these redesignations in Clark County so that the city can develop south along the 15 corridor. Wonder how much of that land was owned by Catellus Corp and captured by Union Pacific when it purchase Southern Pacific? The land management subsidiary for Catellus, which was Southern Pacific is run by Barbara Feinstein's husband. Hint Hint!

Tube ride

Reaction
86FD8E6F-6F99-4AA1-9BCF-2A60C491DDBA.jpeg

Tube ride

Reaction
3076A4F2-6404-4AAB-856B-0C28BBCBD733.jpeg
A new proposed national monument . I think I hear the fat lady singing in Clark county. It’s a land grab to sell off our freedoms to BS solar farms. Desert racing , rock hounding, flower watching, you name it if your joe public enjoying the desert YOU ARE THE PROBLEM !!!

michael.gonzalez

Reaction
"

Welcome to Spirit Mountain​

Avi Kwa Ame is a national treasure​

The proposed Avi Kwa Ame (Ah-VEE kwa-ah-may) National Monument in Southern Nevada contains some of the most visually stunning, biologically diverse, and culturally significant lands in the entire Mojave Desert.
Stretching from the Newberry mountains in the east to the New York, South McCullough, Castle, and Piute mountains in the west, these lands feature dramatic peaks, scenic canyons, natural springs, sloping bajadas covered with ancient Joshua tree forests, unique grasslands, and a rich history of rock art and other cultural sites.
The entire area is considered sacred by ten Yuman speaking tribes as well as the Hopi and Chemehuevi Paiute. For the Yuman tribes, the area is tied to their creation, cosmology, and well-being. Spirit Mountain, called Avi Kwa Ame by the Mojave Tribe, is located on the eastern boundary of the Monument. It is designated a Traditional Cultural Property on the National Register of Historic Places in recognition of its religious and cultural importance.
Energy developers recently tried to build a large, 30,000-acre wind farm in the heart of this dramatic landscape and new proposals could come at any time. Such development would forever scar these valuable lands and degrade their world-class habitat and nationally recognized cultural resources.
A coalition of tribes, conservation groups, recreation interests, and others is working to establish the Avi Kwa Ame National Monument to permanently protect these treasured lands. Avi Kwa Ame is the Mojave name for Spirit Mountain and the surrounding landscape. The mountain, located on the eastern boundary of the proposed monument, and the surrounding landscape are sacred to twelve Native American tribes."

ACME

Reaction
Kenny: Thanks for all your efforts over the years to keep racing & off roading alive in southern Nevada!

WARNING: Stop reading here if you were offended by the OG posters intent for this thread or the back and fourth on the political side... This thread has really taken an interesting turn and shows the current state of the sport and I gotta open my mouth. Please don't continue if you believe everyone deserves a participation award or believe people are entitled to varying opinions...

It's funny how some of you chest puffers and "Lifestylists" are surprised by this situation and offended by the political side of this thread. It just goes to show how many don't get it. This topic or iterations of it and many others impacting any off road use as well as racing have been going on for years. All while 99% of this community, it's racers, "fans", the industry, it's "icons", embracers of the "off road lifestyle" and the new era UTV bada$$es have collectively not raised a finger or gotten involved to help fight against the various issues this community has or is facing. There are a few, but they are the minority.

Go back and look at the state of the off road racing or UTV threads on this board and count how many posts were concerned about land use issues vs the TT class concerns. Why: BECAUSE MOST ARE CLUELESS AND DON'T CARE ABOUT THE REAL ISSUES THIS SPORT IS FACING. Look in the mirror and ask yourself what you, or consider what the majority of this "community" was doing 3-5 years ago when the OP was posting on similar NV issues? Go back 10 yrs when others brought up similar issues in CA or NV and you'll find it was exactly the same thing; each time, in each thread. You'll also note parallels from know-it-all keyboard BA's who stated the exact same stupid things about purple, spamming/clickbait or arguing the merits of the situation or "woe is me" after having not raised a finger each time.

And now you whine about the sudden impact to the Mint, or about a UTV race happening? Really? We have literally been under attack since the 80's and people/groups and political parties have, and are making concerted efforts to close the few remaining open areas in NV, CA and AZ we have access to for off roading of any kind, and now suddenly you are surprised? Your offended by political comments? Pull your heads people out as a few rare people like the OP of this thread, have been trying to educate the community for years and prompt engagement; and it's been almost entirely ignored by a majority of people. So why are some acting like this is new news when it's simply another shot at the same goal?

Maybe instead of "likes" or worrying about your "status", or your instaface accounts; you should have been proactive participating in helping secure our rights for the next generation. But then nowadays it seems to be all about likes, being a baller, "me" and "IDGAF" and who has time for that other stuff (just let someone else worry about it and then whine that you are making payments on an OHV you have no where to use). Ironically it was the same pre-internet so at least we are consistent...

Some of you are newer to the community, others have been around a long time and sadly this is just a case of history repeating itself. I went back through a number of similar threads on this site and read comments from a few of the then industry ballers and folk that had their 15 minutes and have since come and gone. It was sad/funny/interesting to see the comments, loud mouth antics and even threats some made back in the day. The fact is they mirrored a lot of what we see in this thread and it just goes to prove that you can lead a horse to water, then some whine it's not bottled while others just piss in it...

Here's another similar revelation not in case you hadn't heard:

Hopefully we come together so we can pass the opportunities that we've enjoyed to the next generation but it take a people to initiate change and so far the opposition seems more engaged and organized...

PS I don't come on here much as IMO very little content contains much value and I'm not into popularity contests.
So knock yourself out and flame away, I don't give a I failed spelling about my status and most of the internet slang and terminology is beyond me anyway

Tube ride

Reaction
This thread is 5 pages of a small group talking about this. It’s not that many guys . Who are you calling whiners fishing for likes and worried about status? This thread was dying off until I posted about the new national monument. If that’s the “ interesting turn” this thread took and I’m the chest puffer lifestyist you are referring to in this thread then just quote me and call me out. Or write us another long post about Your personal proactive participation in securing the use of public land. E1321478-B5CA-4114-AB77-B0F1B42D57BB.jpeg

jon coleman

Reaction
im gonna take a chance here, hope i dont offend( sarc), its only missed after its gone( off road areas), then its the same old ' you shoulda went to those Giovanni s off road coalition meetings( i did), after awhile i saw the big money writing on the wall, all we can All do is donate cash to the right law firm, any $uggestions rDc??

Big Whitey

Reaction
I think it is just MG showing that he is woke and we are ignorant.
I am just learning about this “woke” thing In the last month. So if I think for myself and a “woke” person doesn’t agree with my way of thoughts I am wrong, a racist, a white supremacist and my favorite, I was told by some “woke” people that I am “to big and scary.” Is that a “woke” thing Also? Actually had people use that as a excuse to quit a job recently.
I thought woke was what I did after sleeping

DuaneH

Reaction
"I thought woke was what I did after sleeping" 😂 I agree! Damn...
I had heard the term thrown around a bit in the last couple of months...so naturally being an old 🧓 speak right kind of guy had to look it up...👓

Woke
Description
Woke is a term that refers to a perceived awareness of issues that concern social justice and racial justice. It derives from the African-American Vernacular English expression stay woke.

I really just think "be aware" is saying the same thing and you weren't taught that yesterday!

J Prich

Reaction
As the distinguished gentleman a few posts above pointed out, the arc of this kind of conversation has always been the same here on RDC, to include someone ranting about how too many others aren't doing anything about it. Pretty sure you could go back through the RDC archives and find the sequence of posts here repeated almost verbatim many times over.

AZ7000'

Reaction
We have literally been under attack since the 80's and people/groups and political parties have, and are making concerted efforts to close the few remaining open areas in NV, CA and AZ we have access to for off roading of any kind, and now suddenly you are surprised?
I would suggest that money will trump off road loyalty always. The start of this was about closing the land for development, houses, factories, solar, whatever. $$$ > black socks in the desert... every time

The hippies have some pull, but only if they bring $$$