Off-Road Racing - Information Request

Jeff Caster

Slacker
Reaction
Hi,

I have some questions about Off-Road racing that I need knowledgeable people to answer. There is a series of random, but necessary questions. If some of the questions seem to be novice, just answer them anyways and move on.

1) What countries around the world have Off-Road racing events like "Power Days 300 - Battle in Germany", and how many spectators are believed to watch the race?

2) Leaving motorcycles & Quads out, how many "classes" are there in Off-Road racing and what type of vehicle is in each class? (Please Describe in some detail i.e. Wheel travel, HP etc)

3) Out of the above classes, what class has the largest number of cars/participants each year?

4) What is the price of a new vehicle of each of these classes?

5) What class has the biggest fan count/most popular?

6) How many people are believed to be aware of Off-Road racing?

7) What has sponsoring a race team offered the Sponsored in return?
(In the case that the sponsored will not be driving the vehicle)

8) Has the current U.S. economy slowed Off-Road racing's growth/recognition?

9) On average, how many active Off-Road Teams are there throughout the world?

10) Finally, if you had the opportunity to "sell" or "inform" a company about Off-Road racing in hopes they would fund a Team. What would be your selling points? I.e. create job opportunities, company recognition etc. To make this different, money is not a concern for this "company".

Advice on where I find answers like these is also appreciated.

I may have more questions later but this will get it started.

Thanks in advance for all the answers.

Detbohica

Reaction
I would ask why first.

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Everyone seems hesitant to answer? i'll keep my vast knowledge to myself. :rolleyes:

M

memin.pinguine

I seen you removed a post again saying "Cant say why you ask them questions all" - let me guess: you could tell us but after that have to kill us.....:D

That has a mark like one of my signatures, that last one in fact......

Then again - I might be wrong so if you expect somebody spends the time to answer you why dont you tell the people for what you do this research??

Just my 2 centavos

scottm

Reaction
For one thing he's asking for the entire gist of off road in one post. Maybe someone looking to sponsor anything that will deliver a return. Why not rodeo or x-games sports? I hear EMO bands are the next big thing...

TauMau

Reaction
I guess I'll be the dumb one to give my thoughts on this...

1) What countries around the world have Off-Road racing events like "Power Days 300 - Battle in Germany", and how many spectators are believed to watch the race?
1) Most if not all in some form or another.

2) Leaving motorcycles & Quads out, how many "classes" are there in Off-Road racing and what type of vehicle is in each class? (Please Describe in some detail i.e. Wheel travel, HP etc)
2) Increases every year but the basics: http://www.desertrides.com/reference/racing_classes.php

3) Out of the above classes, what class has the largest number of cars/participants each year?
3) Changes with every increase in classes

4) What is the price of a new vehicle of each of these classes?
4) http://www.desertrides.com/reference/racing_classes.php

5) What class has the biggest fan count/most popular?
5) Between non race affiliates - TT...between race affiliates - Probably still TT

6) How many people are believed to be aware of Off-Road racing?
6) Trillions

7) What has sponsoring a race team offered the Sponsored in return?
(In the case that the sponsored will not be driving the vehicle)
7) Exposure

8) Has the current U.S. economy slowed Off-Road racing's growth/recognition?
8) Yeah

9) On average, how many active Off-Road Teams are there throughout the world?
9) Depends on what you define as being a "team"

10) Finally, if you had the opportunity to "sell" or "inform" a company about Off-Road racing in hopes they would fund a Team. What would be your selling points? I.e. create job opportunities, company recognition etc. To make this different, money is not a concern for this "company".
10) Can't give away all the secrets now can we?

Aren't you involved with the McMillins? Looking to branch off into your own race program, eh?

QurtysLyn

Reaction
With the exception of #5 (Which I would say would be Class 11 :D) That about covers it.

Everyone cheers on Class 11. Some people don't cheer on certain TT's. :cool:

Reaction
everyone cheers for the class 11's because the titans of the desert. they have no kidneys left by RM50 or so and if they're still driving into the night they see shadows of the chupicabra in their windshields! scary stuff, but ya gotta love 'em!

TauMau

Reaction
With the exception of #5 (Which I would say would be Class 11 :D) That about covers it.

Everyone cheers on Class 11. Some people don't cheer on certain TT's. :cool:
Good point. My personal favorites are 1/2-1600 and 12...It would be hard to say racers as a group have a particular favorite because it's usually the one that the individual is most involved in.

Laurie

Reaction
You might want to contact Dominic Clark from Score-International. He is their media guy. He has a packet of a lot of that info available for trying to drum up sponsors.

PK CINCO

Reaction
FUNNY HE DIDNT ASK ABOUT THE CHUPACABRA, SO THAT SHOWS HES NEVER BEEN "DOWN THERE"....BUT THEY ARE DAMN GOOD EATIN IF YOU CAN CATCH ONE...
WE USE OLD BENT CENTERLINES ,,A STICK WITH A LONG STRING AND A "STEEKER "
FOR BAIT....THEN ITS ABOUT 350 DEGREES IN A GOOD BBQ AFTER YOU "TED NUGE IT"
FOR ABOUT 5 HRS ,GOOD SALSA ,TORTILLAS AND PACIFICOS!!! (CRAP I THINK I JUST GAVE AWAY WHERE THEY LIVE!!!!!!!!!) SORRY MY BAD.:p

randy s

Reaction
FUNNY HE DIDNT ASK ABOUT THE CHUPACABRA, SO THAT SHOWS HES NEVER BEEN "DOWN THERE"....BUT THEY ARE DAMN GOOD EATIN IF YOU CAN CATCH ONE...
WE USE OLD BENT CENTERLINES ,,A STICK WITH A LONG STRING AND A "STEEKER "
FOR BAIT....THEN ITS ABOUT 350 DEGREES IN A GOOD BBQ AFTER YOU "TED NUGE IT"
FOR ABOUT 5 HRS ,GOOD SALSA ,TORTILLAS AND PACIFICOS!!! (CRAP I THINK I JUST GAVE AWAY WHERE THEY LIVE!!!!!!!!!) SORRY MY BAD.:p
them ain't chupacabras you've been dressin' out. they're skunks. still pretty good chewin' and swallerin' though and they make for pretty good sweaters if you can sew.

Jeff Caster

Slacker
Reaction
You might want to contact Dominic Clark from Score-International. He is their media guy. He has a packet of a lot of that info available for trying to drum up sponsors.
Thanks Laurie, I will see what I can get from Dominic. Good thinkin!
(Figures, the only girl has the best response):rolleyes:

PK CINCO

Reaction
JC, chill bro, those of us that have been around for a few decades have seen these questions asked a ba-zillion times ....so some of us go off a little, we are not mocking your inquisitive thoughts on the subject, we just see this thread coming to a close with lauries absolutely correct
to the point response to help you out, as soon as the "cabra" was mentioned , well it was back to the playground for some of us!!!!!!

.......skunk meat? Might slip some in at the next gig, .....se who goes
street rat crazy over a "skun-karne" burrito.....

Last edited: