Off Road Racing looses a Hero - Rusty Stewart

Bdub 1020

Reaction
With a heavy Heart I say Rusty Stewart TCS has passed on to heaven. He was one of my best friends and the nicest giving person I have ever met. I love you brother and you will be so deeply missed. You taught me so much in life about being real. Prayers to the family. RIP Russell the love Muscle Hell Yeah !!!

retroblazer

Reaction
Sad news, I had the pleasure of working with Rusty on a custom piece that is still in use on my race car. High quality at a fair price. One of the good guys for sure.
Condolences and prayers to family and friends.

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Have known Rusty for YEARS but never really got to hang out with him, but I would see him at Tech inspection at almost every race and we would catch up. He helped me a lot with the converter and the set up for TT Killer when I was rebuilding it in 2006 and in the 4 years I raced it i NEVER had a problem with that converter. Funny thing is, when I sold the car, the new owner made a converter change and burned up the trans within the first 15 miles at the NORRA race. Rusty knew his stuff and I can honestly say I never heard anyone said a bad thing about the guy. Godspeed Rusty, condolences to the family.

prdracefab

Reaction
Prayers for his family , Rusty was awesome, he knew his poop for sure and was always willing to help , godspeed Rusty , you will be missed

SLR

Reaction
Rusty Stewart has been a huge part of my life from my beginning of desert racing in 2000. Rusty took me under his wing, opened his shop to me, showed me how to weld, operate machinery and most importantly work ethic. During this time, Rusty turned into one of my best friends...He was always there for business advice, material knowledge and would machine anything i would ask him to make, even if it didn't make business sense for him... because that is Rusty... a man that would give his shirt off his back, answer a question... even if it was dumb...

I will Miss Rusty beyond words, my condolences to his family and friends.

I will never stop pushing Rusty. I love you my godfather and best friend. You are a true hero.

Attachments

Clay Flippin

Reaction
Rusty was a good man and a great friend.
Camping at Parker this year will not be the same.
RIP Rusty

SLR

Reaction
from robby wood's Instagram. very kind and true words that i wanted to share with RDC.

thank you Robby.

• robbywoodsMonday was a heavy day for the Offroad community. @rustystewart1607 was a special man to so many people and such a pillar in the off road community. He helped everyone that ever asked, me included. When I started racing he built my converters. Later on in my career drivetrain components really captivated my interest. Without Rusty I would’ve never made a part, let alone the entire drivetrain in a truck. Rusty was responsible for all of the shafts and gears in our #milliondollardiesel when I landed the deal with Chevy I knew what I wanted to build, I called rusty with a vague idea what TCS did. I asked him if I could bring my laptop down and show him what I was trying to build. He said absolutely man! Cmon down. He was always busy, but he made time for me every time I needed him. He never ignored my calls, never made me feel like I was a pain in his ass even though I was, and when I owed him money he just told me to “pay me when you can man, I know you’re good for it” he was a racer and supported racers. He was a business where the little guy could still get the “good guy price” he literally put his customers before his own betterment always and that will live on through his legacy. Last time we spoke he was so excited about the time he spent in Mexico and how relaxing it was to get away. I’d like to think his best days In Baja are still in front of him. He was honestly just so damn good to me, he took so much pride in the work we did together and he didn’t go the extra mile. He went the extra 1000 Miles. If everyone did business like rusty at Tcs the world would be a better place, business deals would turn into friendships and friendships would grow into family. I didn’t spend any time outside of our business dealings with Rusty, but over the last three years the deals we did made me feel like he was family. People just don’t treat people the way rusty treated me and so many others. I wish I would’ve got the chance to go to Mexico and Pre run with him. Until next time brother#vayacondios

Attachments

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
It was always a pleasure working with Rusty. He always took great care of us and always went the extra mile making us custom products. Rusty always had good energy and was always fun to bench race with at the races and shows. Rusty will for sure be missed.

ItsYourLegacy

Reaction
Legacies (see above) still strong years down the line. As with perpetual safety or (minimum) quality/design-related discussions here online; a true offload community will not form or survive without continually honoring those who lived the example and path.
Our kids are witnessing very little of this reflection-based brainstorming presently online. Thank God that this site has memorialized certain legacies so that a whole host of threatening offload issues may someday be addressed with these real life references in hand.