Off road related companies in Arizona

sirhk100

Reaction
For those of you knowledgable with Arizona, can you list some off-road related companies out there.

Quads, prerunners, buggy builders (race/play/glamis), fab shops, disco shops, manufacturing, retail, etc...

I'm contemplating a scene change after the first of the year but that would be based 100% on job availability. I'd like to stay in the manufacturing side of the off-road industry because I for one enjoy my current position at RCD as their production engineer. Anyways, a list of companies would be great so that I could get my resume together and start sending them out.

Khris

MikeLeung

Reaction
In Tucson or Phoenix?

Let see....Tucson
1. McKee Motorsports - bikes, fab and race prep
2. Chirco - Retail vw and buggies sales
3. Bug and Buggies - sand car fab
4.TUF Offroad - fab and prep shop
5. ADS Machining - CNC ...alot of offroad parts
6. Tucson Cycle and Ski - Bikes
7. AZ Honda - Bikes

Pheonix's got more prep shops...
1. Gieser Bros
2. Fodrill
etc...

But I'll let the PHX people list them

CanyonMan

Reaction
I had no idea there were that many shops. Don't forget in Tucson:

Desert Rat
Lee's 4 wheel drive

and Fly-n-hi in Phoenix

gary

Reaction
does fat tuesday's in tempe count as a shop? 'cuz you can seriously put some time in there...heehee...so close to arizona state...

Jordan

Reaction
Dezert Rat is in Phoenix I believe and I think they are a combo McKenzies and 4 wheel parts kinda store.

Bajatoy

Reaction
Ya, desert rat is on 19th ave and olive.
There is also 4 wheel supply, Geiser bro, wood wheels works, fod fab, sandlimo, tatum motor sports(my fav.), fly'n'hi also has a fab shop in south phoenix, not sure if predator sand cars is still around or not. Sunland buggies, performance express, carls custom vw, gear one, brandwood, sand trix, richochete motorsports, the buggy shop and pretty much all the smaller 4 wheel drive stores have some what of a small fab shop. AOD was around for about 9 months then they vanished!!!!??? I know I am missing some, but it is a start.

MikeLeung

Reaction
Hey Tim

Was that your new Jeep Speed at Snowflake this weekend? How did you do?

TimHayosh

Reaction
Yep, that was our first shake-down cruise. We were doing quite well until a fuel delivery problem ended things early for us. We changed fuel pumps, but it was no help. The "check engine" code indicated an extremely lean condition. I've got some testing to do to figure it all out.

Anyway, we were moving right along until then. Can't wait 'till Sept 27 at Lucerne!

How did your race go?

(Maybe we should start a new thread?)

MikeLeung

Reaction
I DNF'ed the Pro race with a stupid broken rocker adjustment screw...fixed it and won the sportsmen limited race.

Bonzen

Reaction
Spencer Low Racing in Parker AZ

What up Spencer!

-Ryan!

tre5

Reaction
Predator is not around anymore...kinda. Now its Revenge sand cars. Its in the same area, but diiferent building and shop. Its up by 7th ave and Deer Valley, right by Nazzi bikes place. Giesers is just across the way on the east side of 7th ave. Fodrills is on 40th ave and Union Hills. There are lift places all over- Desert Rat type shops. Not sure were Tatum is but I always see the Tatum truck and one of there sand cars in my neighborhood around 19th ave and T-bird. Swift sand cars has a showroom on Indian School and about 26th st, at the Sleekcraft/Majic Powerboat showroom. The shop is somewhere near there, I think on central. Thats about all I can think of.
TRE5

TimHayosh

Reaction
Sand Limo at University & McClintock
Competition Engineering (VW engines)
Brandwood Cars University at the 153

Bajatoy

Reaction
Tatum motorsports is on 83rd(?) ave and olive. It is worth it to check out there shop. Very cool people to talk to, got to be careful though, before you know it you have been there for an hour talking and looking at their latest progject. (New Class 1 Car is Awsome) Nice clean shop and top notch work.