Off-road sights to see?

toycruiser

Hi guys.

I'm from South Africa, visiting family in El Centro for a week.

What are the off-road sights to see and things to around here? I am hoping to go see the guys at Fortin in El Cajon. Anything else i should see while I'm there? I did see the amazing offroad display at the San Diego automotive museum.

Tapatalk won't let me share pics of the beautiful TSCO truck and the McMillin Chenowth.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Glamis is about an hour east of El Centro: sand dunes.

Plaster City is about a half hour west of El Centro: lots of testing there by the off road racing community.

Enjoy your visit!

Josh 8

Fonts point is a cool spot to check out. It near Borrego Springs off hwy 78. Its a vista point that you can get to in a Honda car. Borrego Springs is mecca of off-road activity.

If your into trains, there are some long and cool abandoned trestles off of interstate 8 to the west of El Cento. If you get hwy 8 at Carrizo Gorge Rd and take it north west you will find the tracks. Just hike from there.

If you are into hippies and freaks, Slab City is a trip. Nothing to do there but look at some weird people. It's just east of Niland CA.

Google maps will show you all these places.

Don't forget Mexico is an few miles away.

toycruiser

Thanks Josh.

I got an appointment with Doug at Fortin tomorrow morning.
Were going down to to mexicali on saturday.

I've got a couple days next week when the folks are working,I'm going to try to see some more places then.

toycruiser

Took a drive to El Cajon today. I just want to thank Doug at Fortin ,TSCO and Jimco for taking the time to show us their awesome shops.

cosmo

Super Moderator
Wednesday is testing day (usually) out at plaster city, don't know if FOX would give you a "tour", Bilstein might.