Off-Road supporting groups?

Volcom1095

Reaction
what are the main organizations that support us the off-roaders that you can become a member of and be a donator or that accept donations. Maybe our organizations like MDR and SNORE and other race organizations could raise there entry fee $20 dollars and donated it to the grouups that put the effort into help keeping our deserts open. Its not much but in my opinion every little bit helps it would be like $1500-$2000 every race that could help maybe? not sure if they already do this but i wouldnt mind paying an extra 20-50 bucks every race if i know it will help keep the deserts open.
Just a Thought.
also If anyone could post what the meetings are that you talk about like at the ramada in and when/where they are im sure my dad and i would be able to attend as many as we can to give our support and really understand what is going on.
Thanks alot
Eric
WISGUY RACING 1095

martininsocal

Reaction
eric- the best organizations to support (in my opinion) for just plain size and action are CORVA(California Offroad Vehicle Association) and the Blue Ribbon Coalition. these groups attack land use issues with teeth(lawsuits) and don't back down. they have a no compromise attitude going in, so they give up very little from the get go. for a more local flavor, try CLORV and CORDR. these try to keep your local race areas and open areas free of unscientific supported closures.

as for the racing organizations, wish i could say they do anything to keep areas open. SCORE, MDR, MORE, etc...have not been an influence in the land use wars. at the wemo meetings, i have yet to see a representative from any of the above mentioned show up for the vehicle access portions. these are the folks making a living or atleast some funds off the land we race on. should give you some idea about how invested in the future of racing they really are. the last real push by any organizer i remember was HDRA and the fights against S-7, S-11, and S-21. we all know what happened to HDRA...

If your gonna go, go BIG

Volcom1095

Reaction
well thanks for the info. well maybe someone can persuade them, at least MORE and MDR to help support these groups i think i will write them a letter. Also where can i sign up to be a member of CORVA? Or what do i have to do to be a member i should say?
thanks Eric

WISEGUY RACING 1095

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Eric,

Contact Jim at Jimarbo@aol.com and I am sure he will be more then happy to help you become a CORVA member. And here is the site for the BlueRibbon Coalition: www.y-not-productions.com

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
It never hurts to join the A.M.A.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://ama-cycle.org/>http://ama-cycle.org/</A>

<font color=red>PAT KAPKO</font color=red>
<font color=yellow>Self appointed King of ghetto fab/Rally rookie</font color=yellow>

Paige

Reaction
Eric,

The idea of having the race orgs contribute is a great idea and one that the CORDR has discussed before. But as Martin mentioned - they don't attend the meetings regularly, but we try and keep them informed of anything urgent.

I am the President of the Coalition of Off-Road Desert Racers (CORDR) an org that formed last year to help the racers have a voice in the many land grab issues a foot. Along with CORDR I am also a member of just about every off-road org out there, it keeps me informed and offer the support of the race community if someone is involved is all the different issues. The orgs paying the most for the land wars are Blue Ribbon www.corva.org , Cal 4 wheel www.glamisonline.org and AMA Dist-37 (not sure of their web-site). They are paying for biologists, lawyers, etc. Not to be left out is SDORC and ORBA. CORDR is also a member of CLORV (California League of Off-Road Voters) and the ACTION Program. I think you can join most of those on-line.

Having the race orgs contribute money on a per race basis is something we are going to try and pursue. I'm not sure that SCORE will help, but I think that MDR. FUD and other smaller orgs might go for it.

Just an FYI ~ CORDR is a small non-profit for the race community and we take donations as well. We use the funds to put on our annual clean up, send folks to meetings and with the WEMO plan coming up possibly helping to pay for any biologists or law suits - and to contribute to lawsuits or whatever we need to , we contribute to CLORV each year and raise money for CORVA's ACTION program, and are a part of several appeals that are going on right now. All this money currently comes from our annual clean up. Our web-site re-vamp should be up and running soon.

There are some meetings coming up for the WEST MOJAVE Plan and as soon as they are confirmed we'll let everyone know - they should be in the next couple of weeks.

<font color=yellow>Paige<font color=yellow>

Volcom1095

Reaction
thinks for the info Paige that helps alot and thinks to all the guys and org. that support and defend are rights and privilages to off-road in the desert.