• Parker

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Other spots

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters

swiftracing5

Reaction
I prefer Hodge over main. Feels more realistic and there’s less riff raff
I used to only test at Hodge but I stopped adjusting the car, I would memorize the loop and just place the car differently vs trying to hit the same holes and adjust it. Helps with confidence but Barstow has such a variety that you can hit any kind of bump in a full day and truly test the car. Plus downtown Barstow is closer if you need to get some basic parts.

Fox s probably closer to PC than Barstow?

I like testing in landers/JV. There are less weekenders and most of the class 5 races are there so I’m prerunning at the same time.

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Fox is only about an hour from PC but their operations is moving to Atlanta in the next few months. I'm guessing only their RACE portion of the business will remain in San Diego. The new RACE building is actually really nice compared to where they were operating before.

harleys dad

Reaction
testing and racing in Barstow is hard to beat with all the restaurants and hotels in some cases right across the street and if your at Barstow main just a short drive down the road with IN AND OUT, Arbys the best Del Taco in the land Dennys Black bear so many to list and gas stations of all types right there.

Goober

Reaction
Fox is only about an hour from PC but their operations is moving to Atlanta in the next few months. I'm guessing only their RACE portion of the business will remain in San Diego. The new RACE building is actually really nice compared to where they were operating before.
Atlanta!?!?

Tube ride

Reaction
Big news for Gainesville GA fox has already hired 300 people and think it will be around 1300 when they get fully operational .

bajafox

Accepted
Reaction
Yup ^^ If you check their linkedIn profile they were hiring a ton of people for the new facility in Georgia. Fox manufacturing in El Cajon is done, glad I left when I did, I'd be out of a job in a few months.

calstyl2

Reaction
They will still have quite a bit of development and OEM testing here for Ford. They are out there 2-3 weeks a month doing development work, very little of it is at PC but in spots near there.

jon coleman

Reaction
They will still have quite a bit of development and OEM testing here for Ford. They are out there 2-3 weeks a month doing development work, very little of it is at PC but in spots near there.
if its factory Ford, it will be a fenced off ,private property deal, not mixxed in with the general public

calstyl2

Reaction
Couldnt be any further from the truth, I've tested with Ford Performance in 4 major OHV areas, all in Southern California, right in front of the general public. Glamis, Johnson Valley, Borrego and Ridgecrest.

Wendell #527

Reaction
There are two separate things:

Shock Tuning
Car Testing

Barstow is the best (except San Filipe) for tuning shocks. For a pre race shakedown I sometimes went to closer areas. In my neck of the woods we used Apache Canyon or Quatal Canyon, even Balanger canyon a few times. We’d make sure it ran good, and everything worked, But if you’re gonna try different springs, change shim stacks back and forth and optimize the suspension Barstow is the place. I usually tuned at Barstow Start/finish, then I found some chop like over by Hodge to make sure the whoop tune didn’t F up the handling in the chop. And it usually did.