OFF ROAD TRIVIA RETURNS!

Jimmy8

Reaction
Well it is now time for "Off Road Trivia" to return, mainly because I like coming up with the questions, but it would also be nice to stump Tony B. as well, so here goes.

1. What was the title sponsor of the 1988 Baja Internacional?
2. Who won the 1983 HDRA point standings in the Nissan Cup Class?
3. Name the only 2 drivers to have had Bill Stroppe as their regular Co-Driver, or co driver at all for that matter?
4. Name the off road magazine who's slogan was "If it throws dirt, we'll cover it"?

Good Luck!!!!

PMC Racing

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
1st- PERNOID
2nd- (guessing) Chuck Norris
3rd- Parnelli Jones and Manny Esquerra?
4th- "Dirt Trax"?

Racers Only

Jimmy8

Reaction
Nope except #3 was half right. You were right with Parneli and wrong with Manny, but all the rest wrong. You are the weakest link.

PMC Racing

martininsocal

Reaction
pernod did parker. was it the budweiser baja internacional?
for stroppe-jones and was it james garner?
guess for the nissan cup- either jorge souto or ben davis
on dirt magazine...?

If your gonna go, go BIG

Tomack

Reaction
whould anybody like to buy a pice of nissan cup history. I know somebody that has a nissan cup truck the he wouldnt mind selling. Let me know on on this board.

"race gas, in the early morning" Booing

TimHayosh

Reaction
#1 Tecate?
#2 Sherman Balch?
#3 Parnelli and Walker Evans or Rod Hall?
#4 Fastrax?

Man, what a bunch of lame guesses!

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Jimmy-

I FULLY appreciate your confidence in me! LOL!

Here are my answers:
#1 - Presidente Brandy
#2 - If we are talking RACERS - Specer Low, If we are talking celebrities - Fee Waybill (lead sinder of the rock group "the Tubes".
#3 - PJ and James Gardner
#4 - On Dirt (Lou Peralta)

Final Answer...

Tony B.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Tony_Barraza on 12/31/01 08:53 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

Jimmy8

Reaction
You are right with Presidente Brandy, right with Jorge Souto, right with Parneli, and right with On Dirt magazine, but no one has succesfully named the only other driver to have Bill Stroppe as his regular co driver. Keep Guessing.

PMC Racing

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Jimmy-

Any chance it is Bill's son Willie?

Jimmy8

Reaction
Wrong again. Keep trying.

PMC Racing

Jimmy8

Reaction
keep trying, I will post the answer tommarrow with some more questions if no one gets it.

PMC Racing

robert_encinas

Reaction
i guess ill help em out by throwing in a little hint ....it was the big oly bronco.
p.s. not rick siemans late model bronco either.

toddz

Reaction
Well, I guess I'll have to ask the obvious....did he take a ride with your dad in a race or two?? I don't think that counts as "regular" co-driver status though :). I'm really curious what your answer is 'cuz I'm a pretty serious Stroppe fan and I can't remember anyone else he rode with on a regular basis.

Todd Z.

toddz

Reaction
OK, here's a total swag. Stroppe co-drove with Johnny Mantz for several years('51 and 52?) in a Lincoln in the Pan American Races in Mexico. Those races should probably count as off-road races!
Todd Z.

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
Here's a question for you peeps.
Who is the only one that has footage on the web from the 2001 dunaway dash?
Well i wouldn't want to keep you in suspense so the answer is : <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.stuck-throttle.com>http://www.stuck-throttle.com</A>
Enjoy and have a very happy (and safe) New Years!

victor fabian
www.stuck-throttle.com
CARCO RACING 5-1600

Jimmy8

Reaction
We'll here is the answer. Dan Beaver was the guys name. He rode with my dad from the 1978 Mint 400 all through the 1979 season and through the 1980 season until the Mint 400. Just about 2 full seasons so I guess that constitutes a regular go driver :). I will have more questions later today.

PMC Racing