OFF ROAD TRIVIA RETURNS!

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
That's hot, of it is the answer he is looking for!!
LOL

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.animalhousedesigns.net>Animal House</A>

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Nice try Fish! But it is a real person and real race.

Tony
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.y-not-productions.com>www.y-not-productions.com</A>

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Website
www.facebook.com
I remember a hearing about a racer doing that but can't place it! I am going to guess; James Garner? In the old Olympia Bronco!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

martininsocal

Reaction
that was the famous finish at barstow. rod hall with fricker in the back with one roof spot turned around and fricker yelling directions to hall as the backed over the line. i was there. it was great!

heres one- which 2 drivers crashed into each other hard at barstow racing for the finish the the points? they both had severe damage to their rides, but both finished, although missing some important parts?

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

robert_encinas

Reaction
hey dont forget that darren york also did this at the gold coast 300 in 92-93(cant quite recall the year)
after losing all forward gears in his class 7-4x4 ranger, now the haas class7s. he finished in first in class as well.

JenDiggityDirt

Reaction
Website
prerunners.com
This seems like the perfect place to ask: does the name Bill Rush mean anything to anyone? I believe he rode with Parnelli, but I'm not sure what the extent of his offroad experience was. Anyone able to help me here?

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Yes I was thinking of Darren York. But that is cool to hear that Rod pulled it off too!!

And of coarse the Dukes of Hazard rock!

Tony
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.y-not-productions.com>www.y-not-productions.com</A>

CoiloverKid

Reaction
Website
www.mountaindew.com
of COURSE! the dukes of hazard kick ASS!!

ertl.jpg
NEVER LIFT! YEEEEHAW!

toddz

Reaction
Jen:

I know of "Big" Bill Rush. What do you want to know? He drove(with Dan Shields, mostly) in a Stroppe-prepped 4WD Bronco called the "Colt" in the early '70s. He then moved to a 4WD "Bronco" called "Boss Hoss" that looked a lot like Big Oly. It had an Olds Toronado front end. Very neat truck-Shields raced it for just a short while and then sold it to Steve Mizel and Max Jameisson(sp?) who raced it until the late '70s.

Todd Z.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Website
www.racers-only.com
Martin, I can't remember the year but I think it was the 1986 Fireworks 250, Manny Esquerra and Roger Mears were going hard at it all race, about 3/4 of a mile before the finish they got into each other and wadded up there rides. Both crews were working in site of each other trying to get the trucks fixed before the other. Roger "kinda" finished first but recieved an illegal tow within 1 mile of the finish line....a BIG NO NO. Manny finished about an hour later and ended up winning the race. I was there that year. GAWD I MISS BARSTOW IN JULY!

Racers Only

martininsocal

Reaction
hey rory-wasn't that great watching roger wheel over the line with only 3 wheels and the lower a-arm plowing the ground! you are right! barstow in july(at night) was one of the best, most traditional races there were. having been a northern california native back then, the summer months were when we did most of our venturing south for offroad races. and the folks of barstow and v-ville were great too! who went to any of tom moesners pre barstow parties? everyone drinking except norm shaw(didn't like to wet his driving suit!) the night before the race. pitting in the college parking lot, who remembers the petrified coyote at the exit of the parking lot that someone spray painted flourescent green about 1982? boy, miss those races.

If your gonna go, go BIG

Donahoe

Reaction
Website
www.donahoeracing.com
Ok here is one.... What Shop or Fabricator has developed the most Championship winning Trucks in the last ten years. and name the drivers and classes.

NEVER LIFT!!!!!

Jimmy8

Reaction
Website
www.DownAndDirtyShow.com
This is a good one. Since it says trucks I take it we are discluding buggies, so there goes Mike Smith with the truggy, chenworth and Jimco. Well, Craig Stewart would have to be in there, because protruck crowns 3 champs every year (score, bitd, and protruck). How about Le Duc as well. I dont know how many of his CORR trucks he built have won championships, but Turner sure has won quite a few class 7 championships. Another one, that I dont know the answer to, but were all of the macpherson trucks built by the same place? They have some 7 championships and class 8 I think as well. I really dont know, just throwing around some ideas. You got me on this one. How about Tony B., he is always pretty quick on the draw when it comes to trivia.

Trophy Truck #15
Class 8 #8080

Dave_G

Reaction
Re: What Shop or Fabricator has developed the most Championship winning Trucks in the last ten years.

Bill Savage.

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

Jimmy8

Reaction
Website
www.DownAndDirtyShow.com
How about Marc Stein, Ace motorsports, Andataco, and include Syko or not, but between the stock fulls, the expedition, and the explorer, they have a lot of championships. Dont know if they were all from the same builder or shop though.

Trophy Truck #15
Class 8 #8080