• Forum membership has its advantages....

Off-road Trivia

Vessels

Troublemaker
For the, what does Vessels do question. We breed, raise and race Quarter horses not thoroughbreds. The Bob Gordon facts were correct though, he has been a long time family friend.

Anyway, here is one for you! Who was the first person to run bypass shocks on their vehicle?????

toddz

Well, since you're asking the question, I'll bet it was your dad! And I'm guessing they were either built by Pops or Jon Nelson or perhaps Russ Wernimont?

Tony_Barraza

Kash-

I could swear it was LARRY RAGLAND in the Nelson & Nelson Class 8, with "Lightning Rods" by Rancho. Those should have appeared in '91-92 seasons.

As a side not: Your Dad is one of the reasons I followed desert racing all of these years. TRULY one of my desert racing heroes. Wish him well for me!

Vessels

Troublemaker
No-tony but a Good guess. If you can remember, Larry actually drove that class 8 truck after DAD; and that was way too late!! Hey I'll be happy to tell DAD the side piece of info!!
-Thanks
-Kash Vessels

Tony_Barraza

DAMN! I should have stuck with my first instinct.

WALKER EVANS!

Talk to me!

Vessels

Troublemaker
NO, I will give you a hint. He actually was a buggy guy. But that is the only hint I am going to give you!! This one might take some research!!

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
This one was to easy , Kevin bunderson ran bypass shocks on his tandem class 2 in 1980. Kash when are you coming up to Vegas and run against the local 1600’s ?

Rory

Crayola Killer
Hey Kash, Was it Mickey Thompson? I remember him running bi-pass tubes on top of his coilover shocks on the blue "ChallengerII". I think that was early 1980's.