• Forum membership has its advantages....

Off-Roader gets jail time for racing around the streets ...

deano

McDeano
Driver seen in video performing tricks, driving recklessly in San Diego sentenced to jail

The kid from east county receives 44 days in jail for his stunt of filming himself ripping his baja-bug around the streets of San Diego -- Apparently the city attorney and judge are not "off-road" fans and hammered him ... He also received additional time for a pending reckless driving charge in 2014 .... Be careful kids when you're trying to promote your bad-a$$ness -- and pick your cameramen that don't testify against you if caught !!! :eek::mad:

offroadracer516

Stupid moves lead to stupid results. I heard its mostly house arrest and only a few days of jail. Ether way they threw the book at him.

deano

McDeano
I wonder if they took away his Go-Pro's and deleted his YouTube account ;)

DeCampRacing

Hopefully lost his license as well! This is exactly the type of activity that hurts the offroading community.

redline

Hopefully lost his license as well! This is exactly the type of activity that hurts the offroading community.
Hurts the whole human race! We are quickly turning into the movie "Idiocracy" !!! If you haven't seen it yet, I strongly reccomend you netflix it so you have something to look forward to!

johndjmix

While I agree it was dangerous (what if someone was crossing the street as he was jumping)......

That said, jail time?! Seriously. What's happened to this country. Didn't it use to be the only people that went to jail were the ones that stole something or hurt someone?

I think some fines and traffic citations would have sufficed. No one got hurt and nothing stolen.

I love the US, but this Putting everyone in jail is getting old...

How soon till Baja? :)

--John

Dunarri LLC
wildscooterparts.com
coolermods.com

deano

McDeano
It's pretty obvious they wanted to make an example of him.

Personally, anyone who commits crimes and the publishes the evidence on the internet deserves to get the book thrown at them, because they are stupid and being stupid should hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Stupid is as stupid does" ..... Forrest Gump

ACME

It's not the brightest thing to do and I get damage to property etc... as a major concern as well as how this reflects on the sport: But he's really only emulating his hero's BA attitudes & stupid videos isn't he?

What's the difference between this and almost any non paid for/ non pro shot skate, BMX, FMX or snowboard video?

I'll bet if it was one the TT hero's everybody'd be slobbering to tell the person how cool they were and ingratiate themselves... Remember how cool everyone thought the TT Jumps at Glamis or the buggy/truck stupidity over the aqueduct was? I don't believe either were professionally staged or permitted or commercially developed, just more popular players?

Not condoning the activity at all, but find the inconsistency funny.

Last edited:

y2kbaja

There is an energy drink commercial floating around of a black and green TT running the streets in a Pacific Northwest town. I didn't see any disclaimer not to try this or professional driver on a closed course.

619offroad

First off I consider Blake a friend we have gone to the desert on and off for a couple years. Now was it smart to post the video to the public? Probably not and for the concern of safety. Just like in the desert you have spotters/ camera men making sure nobody's going to get hurt. No one lost it on Robby for him jumping the Glamis double with people standing underneath his truck. I'm sure back then nobody had a permit to do such activities. All I'm saying is that good people can do some not so bright things. For all those who believe he belongs in jail, I say loosen up a little and enjoy the life we have. Like mama said if you don't have anything nice to say, well shut the hell up.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

fishd00d

What A Joke
Ummm RG jumping a dune in an open OHV area is legal. Doing stupid **** on the street without permits is not legal. Then having sponsors and trying to make yourself famous off it makes it really really stupid and you're gonna have to do the time because you did the crime and told everyone in the world you did it!

SunsetCliffsMocos

First off I consider Blake a friend we have gone to the desert on and off for a couple years. Now was it smart to post the video to the public? Probably not and for the concern of safety. Just like in the desert you have spotters/ camera men making sure nobody's going to get hurt. No one lost it on Robby for him jumping the Glamis double with people standing underneath his truck. I'm sure back then nobody had a permit to do such activities. All I'm saying is that good people can do some not so bright things. For all those who believe he belongs in jail, I say loosen up a little and enjoy the life we have. Like mama said if you don't have anything nice to say, well shut the hell up.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Nobody has to "shut the hell up." Your friend went too big. Most everyone on this forum has likely done some amount of bending of the rules. Myself included. When I watched that video I was pretty surprised. 2 points for context. There is a part in the video where he (I think) wheelied up Hill st. in Sunset Cliffs. The cones were clearly out in front of Sunset View Elementary because school was in session. 2nd point, roosting the berm at the end of Sunset Cliffs Blvd. was a stupid move because that is a State Park and so much public access has already been shut off by the bugs and bunnies folks due to "damage." Nobody needs to turn it into even more of a bureaucratic clusterphuck by tearing the place up. 3rd point just because you think you can get away with damaging private property doesn't mean it's ok, everyone knows that. If your buddy wants to tear ass around and damage private property he should try that BS in his neighborhood in East County and see how well that goes over...

y2kbaja

Watch the beginning of the video in question and the beginning of Recoil 3. There isn't any difference. There is no disclaimer in either about "closed course, professional driver, do not attempt"