Off the ground !!!!!

Big_Rich

Reaction
Hope everyone uses this the their advantage..........Let's talk about VORRA, where it's at, where it needs to be, and how to get it there.

Thanks to Klaus and Casey Paul, for making this happen,

Welcome,
Rich

www.vorra.com

kurt

Reaction
Big Rich - Just want to say good luck in your inaugural VORRA 2003 season. It's great to see a promoter of one of the off-road race series here at RDC actively promoting their series, asking questions and looking for responses from the racers, chasers, spectators etc..

Big_Rich

Reaction
Well I don't know what you guys all want, I sure can't deliver.......

Rich

www.vorra.com

J_Dog

Reaction
Rich,
This is definitely a step in the right direction. RDC has been a great resource for news, technical info., etc. Klaus, John, and all the others here have done a great job with the site. Thanks for letting VORRA have a section on RDC. Chomping at the bit to go racing in March at the VORRA Seaon opener at Prairie City. Rich, any new contingency sponsors coming on board. The other day I was shopping at Tognotti's in Sacramento and thought they would be a good contingency sponsor. I asked one of their employees if they do any such thing and he said for you to contact the manager. They used to do some stuff for the circle track guys and may be interested. Also, I know that you guys have 4 Wheel Parts on board at Cal Rocks, they would be a good contingency sponsor, too. Just my $.02

P.S. See you all at Laughlin

Jeff Matlock
CODE 3 Motorsports
Class 7s Ford Ranger - VORRA

Big_Rich

Reaction
I've sent off the information for contingency to lot of companies, 4wpw included. I'll try tog's great idea.
I hope we can get the word out about the short courses at PC, I believe that can help us drive VORRA in the correct direction.

Rich

www.vorra.com

billymanfroy

Reaction
Rich,

Good to see you here! Looks like Klaus and you got the ball rolling in a hurry.

I heard a rumor about possibly running both days at the short course races. I would love to try that format. I also think qualifying is good for both the spectators and the racers. I don't think anyone will tell you that they like the short course better than the long one we ran the last race of '02. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the more seat time we can get, the better!

Welcome to VORRA and RDC, and let me know what you need from us.

Billy Manfroy

Big_Rich

Reaction
Well I'm discussing with the park to add a couple of changes to the short course, so we can have several options to run at any time. I really want to ad more vendors/sponsors to the SC events, a big midway is what I'd like to see. So if anyone has any leads or knows anyone, or has any ideas on companies let me know what they are. I'd like to see a 2 day event each time with a race/festival type atmosphere. The vendors don't even have to be race or car/truck oriented. So does that sound like a good idea?
Rich

www.vorra.com

curt

Reaction
I'd like to us get Sway-A-Way back and try to get Summit Racing since they're in our neighborhood anyway. We've identified our biggest regular expenses as: Entry Fee's, Race Fuel, Tow Fuel, Hotel Rooms, and of course beer. The first will take time, the second is covered, the third maybe Shell, Chevron or Unocal. The fourth, how about Hilton, Motel 6, Red Roof Inns, or some other national group. The fifth, well some things you really need to pay for yourself ;)

The vendors midway would be great, we need more exposure to get more spectators to get more gate fee's to get the entry fees back down some. We voted to raise the fees for 2002 to help with the VORRA expenses for a little while but I'm sure everybody racing could use a break too. 2 day shows are fine if there is enough to do, but I'd prefer a single full day to 2 days of hurry up and wait and wait and wait. Your current racers are of the non trophy truck budget variety and every day added to a show is a potential day off of work for traveling/loading/clean up time without an appreciable increase in spectators to help us with our expenses. On the spectators side there's no way we can compete with Nascar or NFL on sundays so the only way is to get this thing moving on saturday.

More spectators means more money means more sponsorship and more purse. This reduces racers out of pocket expenses drastically since overhead can come out of the gate instead of the entry fees. When we race USHRA there are no entry fees and the payback(all the way to 16th) for an average finish of about 5th pretty much helped us run all season and only costed us about a grand to do 22 shows in about 12 cities all the way from LA to the Bay Area. PC is the only venue we have to offer for any real spectatorship and there's no reason if we did this right, 3-4K per race should be achievable, how many do they get at Hangtown for a race?

It has to be a regular schedule, people just know when your running- more than 4 races a year.
It has to be exciting, 1 truck running away with it is a snoozer.
It needs variety, different extra venues like Rock Crawling, Monster Trucks, Rally Cars etc... to bring different people in.
It needs to have fuller classes to provide more even competition.
It can't compete with other national events on TV, when we're not racing I don't miss Nascar for anything.

Curt Hayos