Offical Ocotillo Wells Thread!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ok guys lets have all the posts about Ocotillo be in this one thread so we dont start like a new thread everyweekend. So from now on just post here for anything Ocotillo related....

Go Big Or Go Home
United Jumping Truck Society

sirhk100

Reaction
Ocotillo Wells is cool...

'92 Ford Exploder (AKA Dezert Limo cause it's loaded)

stuckthrottle

Godlike
Reaction
I've only been there once but i failed to see what's so cool about it, in comparison to plaster city that is.
I dont mean to start an argument, but what is so great about it?

Ryno

Reaction
Victor-

From my point, Ocotillo is just more fun. You have campsites, bathrooms, fools making a$$es of themselves, and a TON of room to ride. I can see plaster being better for a race car, but for bikes and my girlfriend who thinks she's speed racer in the buggy, it's the place to be

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

cleartoy

Reaction
So if this is the official thread and all posts are made here, we will have loads of pages to sift through just like the Toyota fab thread right? Plus it wont stand out like a new thread (i made 2 in the last 2 weekends).

94 Toyota stdcab 2x4
99 Yamaha YZ250

Got Sand??

sirhk100

Reaction
If you ride a dirt bike Ocotillo Wells is basically disneyland!!!! Also there's stuff out there for trucks stock to fully built to have fun on.

Khris

SJP12

Reaction
I ride dirt bikes,

What makes it so good, i never really ride anything but tracks.

I LIVE MY LIFE 1 SET OF WHOOPS AT A TIME!!!

Timberwlf

Reaction
hmmm why not have a "Dezert Trips" Board added???

Brandon

94 Ranger X-Cab 4x4 5.0 H.O. v-8 Pre-Runner/ Chase Truck

Littlenutts

Reaction
If you like jumps, there are the most smooth natural jumps out there I have ever hit or have filmed people hit. For every MX video I have been involved in the Ocotillo trip is a must do! you can ALWAYS find something new to hit! and its a blast in trucks. Not to mention gas and good food close.

They are REAL!

sirhk100

Reaction
If you watch any of the Crusty Demon videos, most of the natural terrain hits are out there. There's also some fun tight canyons to blast down. Hill climbs that are VERY technical and verticle... Ummm, basically there's enough to keep me happy for the past 17 years of riding there. If all you like is Whoops then yep superstition/plaster city is good. I ride a lot of track stuff too and find that Ocotillo has the best natural tracks and jumps around. There's tons of mini coarses setup at Shell Reef.

A desert trip section would be great!!!

Khris

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
I know the mdr race is this weekend, but is any one going to "tillo" this weekend?

"There are a lot of people hoping I fail. But I like that. I need to be hated."

TrucksR4Girls

Reaction
I was thinking about going out for a day trip but dont know, really busy with school work! =(

<font color=red> You dont need a patch on your arm to have pride </font color=red>

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
A big group of us, like 30 or so are heading out that way on fri night haven't decided weather or not I am going to go to mdr or ocotillio, I got a ride to oco and all the free beer and eats I want, but really want to go see the mayhem at the mdr race, but haven't secured a ride yet so I am not sure. I just wanted to know who was going out and if any wanted to share the fire and throw down some beers and mixed drinks.

TrucksR4Girls

Reaction
If I go ill throw down 1 or 2 or 3 or 10 mixed drinks! HAHA I gotta see whats going on, wont know till about friday, where are you camping?

<font color=red> You dont need a patch on your arm to have pride </font color=red>

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Either the out by the tracks or east of the airport, haven't been out there that much so I am not good with telling someone locations. ps I make a couple of wicked mix's I will know before the week is up what IS up.

TrucksR4Girls

Reaction
If it involes Ta kill ya IM THERE!!! Well PM me whenever you find out whats going on and im sure I can make it out for atleast a day

ESB4130

Reaction
whats so great about ocotillo....hmm. well...what most people dont know is how big that area really is. it goes all the way to s-22 and the salton see...and if youve ever ventured that far from the 78..youd see that theres LOTS of nearly untainted stuff out there, for bikes, trucks and cars alike. its the only place i know where you could take a rally car, a dirt bike, a quad, a prerunner, and a buggy and have fun in all of them. plenty of long fast washes...plenty of technicle stuff, even dunes in some spots. the problem i see is that most people dont stray from blow sands/devils slide/shell reef area, and have no idea that its not even close to half of it. the south side of the 78 has tons of technicle canyons and stuff, along with lots and lots of really crazy hits for bikes. theres also superstition...and the whole pole-line area is basically a big playground for bikes. ive been goign since i was about 5 years old in an odessy and a 110 atc....and im hoping ill still be going there when my offroad truck has EMF powered shocks and a hydrogen powered motor =)

Bonzen

Reaction
Oh yeah the EMF shocks!!!! They're secret...keep em on the downlow....!

-Ryan

bonzenproductions.com