Official class 40 results

mexgamer

Reaction
CLASS 40 MOTORCYCLE:
OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL RIDER VEH TIME PENALTIES IN MINUTES (XX)
1st 3rd JULIO ABRIL A. 449x 12:41:32 HWY SPEED (102) = TOTAL (102)
2nd 2nd BRIAN CAMPBELL 404x 12:53:54 HWY SPEED (201) = TOTAL (201)
3rd 5th RODOLFO SANCHEZ 448x 13:38:10 HWY SPEED (14) = TOTAL (14)
4th 4th TOM VOGT 406x 14:10:28 COURSE DEVIATION (60) + HWY SPEED (21) = TOTAL (81)
5th 6th GLEN MCGUIRE 402x 15:32:20 NO HWY DATA (40) = TOTAL (40)
6th 1st SCOTT MYERS 400x 16:47:29 COURSE DEVIATION (330) + HWY SPEED (116) = TOTAL (446)
DNF DNF HISAHIDE UENO 401x DNF DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF
DNF DNF MIKE PRUNTY 405x DNF DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF
NOTE: COURSE DEVIATION PENALTIES - SAN VICENTE (FULL OR HALF), URUAPAN CEMETERY, MILE 6, 175, 375.

THANKS SCORE!!!!!!!!!! WE GOT THE FIRST PLACE :D
wow so thats why scott myers had won "course deviation (330)" we just got highway speed penalty, but its difficult to maintain 60mph on a motorcycle so its very common.

mexgamer

Reaction
damn i want to see who is first place in points now!!!!!!!!! SCORE should have started giving penalizations at the SF250!!! HAHA,

Chainguide

Reaction
According to SCORE 165 of 187 teams scored so far are now labeled cheaters. That's 89%

Friggin' lame

Last edited:

Chainguide

Reaction
i believe there is a reason for that, i cannot tell that in fact he did cheat because i didnt see him, but he got penalized because of something.
89% of the racers were penalized so far. My question is do you believe Scott Myers won because of the deviations? Do you believe that the devaitions where that significant to the fact that he would have gotten beat without them?.

I believe you raced, do you actually think that there wasn't a single instant that your team was more than 50' of the "course"?

This SCORE BAJA 500 is a farse the way the results have been scored. This is not the race to be casting stones.

manchaman

Reverse Engineer
Reaction
It's really not fair and quite ignorant to label anyone in this race a "cheater" especially when 89% of the field was nabbed for course deviations. That clearly points to an established (albeit unwritten) precedent with SCORE racing that goes back decades. Nearly EVERYONE takes alternate lines, which frankly means a majority of the field is racing on a level playing field.

None of the course deviations presented a significant time advantage - maybe 30 seconds or one minute here and there, but surely nothing to warrant 330 penalty minutes (in Scott's case). Don't think for a second that the penalties SCORE imposed for course deviations even remotely represent the actual time advantage gained by taking those lines... not even close! SCORE was incredibly harsh with the time penalties.

I can guarantee you this - 400x would still have smoked class 40 had they not taken any of the course deviations. The top teams take those lines because they are competing for the overall win (across all classes, including Trophy trucks). With SCORE enforcing course deviations now, it will be very hard for the bikes to continue getting the overall win against TTs and class 1.

Congrats on the "win" but take it with a grain of salt. Come the 1000, the fastest teams will rise back to the top.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
According to SCORE 165 of 187 teams scored so far are now labeled cheaters. That's 89%

Friggin' lame
Now does any press release from Score say that anybody is a cheater?
Congrats on the win to the class 40 team.
Congrats on the "win" but take it with a grain of salt.
They won by staying within the rules. No win is a grain of salt. Hardwork yes, salty no.

manchaman

Reverse Engineer
Reaction
They won by staying within the rules. No win is a grain of salt. Hardwork yes, salty no.
As a racer and die-hard competitor, a win with an asterisk next to it is a bit salty. I'm not trying to take anything away from any of the winners - good job for staying on course, finishing the race and earning the eventual win. If I were in their shoes, I'd be drinking tequila and getting strippers with the prize money. Class 30 was released today and I'm glad we stayed right where we unofficially finished. I wouldn't want a win based on technicality.

BajaboundMoto

Reaction
Andy - I do not believe Mexgamer has raced before and I also think he's pretty young, too young to understand the history of Baja racing (assumption off his posts).

Mexgamer - yes, casting stones in this situation isn't cool. You have stated a few times how you dislike competitor X or Y and how all these cheaters deserve what they get. What they got was a punishment not fitting the crimes (but it sure got everyones attention!) and they got punished for doing as they've been taught (by score) to do.
I personally know some of the riders on the Team you help, known them since you were in diapers (i think), fantastic guys! And they know how Baja racing has been played for decades and decades.
If you were helping my team at the races and the end result played out like it has with your team I would ask you to not type about it, or at least to such an extent as you have.

Did the Myers team originally Win because of the "course deviations"?
I don't know. They beat 404x by about 12 minutes. Did they save 12 minutes with all the cuts they had? Maybe, maybe not. It was a close race with those 2 bikes!
But those 400x guys are some of the most knowledgeable (about the terrain) Baja racers out there, period. They were racing the way they grew up playing the game. IMO, no fault of theirs.
I think your bashing of long-time racers (not just Myers team) is uncalled for and does a disservice to the history of the racing.

I agree to a point with what MachacaMan says - the fastest teams (teams that have been winning classes recently) will be winning again. A couple of the classes will be a closer battle though (not the OA).

manchaman

Reverse Engineer
Reaction
I assume then that he wasn't on the bike at any point and is just a friend or chase team member?

mexgamer

Reaction
Now does any press release from Score say that anybody is a cheater?
Congrats on the win to the class 40 team.

thanks.
I assume then that he wasn't on the bike at any point and is just a friend or chase team member?
no because i would need to be 40 or older to ride the motorcycle, but of course i know how to ride a motorcyle and yeah im a chase team member,we sponsor the team and are very close friends of the drivers.

I know scott myers is a great driver, the Baja 1000 will be a tough race and very interesting.

ScottyA

Reaction
They may not have gained 12 minutes with course cutting but the amount of dust they got by has got to be more than 12!!!! The thousand should be great. Pressure is on Kaplans boys.

Chainguide

Reaction
They may not have gained 12 minutes with course cutting but the amount of dust they got by has got to be more than 12!!!! The thousand should be great. Pressure is on Kaplans boys.
Scotty, will you be there?

Missed ya

-Andy

ScottyA

Reaction
Either racing or chasing I'll be there. Wish it where going through Loreto!

JON-E

Reaction
CLASS 40 MOTORCYCLE:
OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL RIDER VEH TIME PENALTIES IN MINUTES (XX)
1st 3rd JULIO ABRIL A. 449x 12:41:32 HWY SPEED (102) = TOTAL (102)
2nd 2nd BRIAN CAMPBELL 404x 12:53:54 HWY SPEED (201) = TOTAL (201)
3rd 5th RODOLFO SANCHEZ 448x 13:38:10 HWY SPEED (14) = TOTAL (14)
4th 4th TOM VOGT 406x 14:10:28 COURSE DEVIATION (60) + HWY SPEED (21) = TOTAL (81)
5th 6th GLEN MCGUIRE 402x 15:32:20 NO HWY DATA (40) = TOTAL (40)
6th 1st SCOTT MYERS 400x 16:47:29 COURSE DEVIATION (330) + HWY SPEED (116) = TOTAL (446)
DNF DNF HISAHIDE UENO 401x DNF DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF
DNF DNF MIKE PRUNTY 405x DNF DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF - DNF
NOTE: COURSE DEVIATION PENALTIES - SAN VICENTE (FULL OR HALF), URUAPAN CEMETERY, MILE 6, 175, 375.

THANKS SCORE!!!!!!!!!! WE GOT THE FIRST PLACE :D
wow so thats why scott myers had won "course deviation (330)" we just got highway speed penalty, but its difficult to maintain 60mph on a motorcycle so its very common.
Easy there Mexgamer. Your team just "cheated less" (by speeding). Not a win to be proud of IMO.

Good points Mr. Morton..

John

MIKEY CHILDRESS

Iron Mike
Reaction
Scott Myers is still fast enough to run for the overall! Him riding the 40 class is a little more then Cherry picking. Scott is Baja wise and knows all the lines and pre runs alot so he didnt cheat he just did more pre running then any other 40 team.

mexgamer

Reaction
Scott Myers is still fast enough to run for the overall! Him riding the 40 class is a little more then Cherry picking. Scott is Baja wise and knows all the lines and pre runs alot so he didnt cheat he just did more pre running then any other 40 team.
it is still not clear how the rule works, how many minutes do u get for taking a line?
330 minutes is a lot, even excessive. In my opinion everybody is learning from the BAJA 500, if the rule is not changed or modified I´m sure nobody will take lines anymore.

And take it easy guys i was just kidding, come on you cant take things too seriously. in my opinion racing in Baja is all about fun, i was just joking about the way SCORE is giving out penalizations, Scott Myers is a great driver and he has a lot of experience he is very fast too, maybe he could have won without taking lines, congratulations to Brian Campbell too, he finished 2nd and he is also 2nd on the official results.
It will be an interesting battle for the championship between Myers, Campbell and Abril.

Campbell is first in points since he won the SF 250, second is Julio Abril and third is Scott Myers, but they are very close so the BAJA 1000 will decide everything.