• Forum membership has its advantages....

Official Rage at the River Thread

McKenzie’s Rage at the River put on by SNORE is one part serious competition and two parts pure fun! Laughlin is a perfect setting to have an off-road race with plenty of hotels and food, plus easy access for spectators and racers to the famed Laughlin off-road track. Every year SNORE puts together a fantastic affordable event for racers and fans alike with two days of racing, free spectating, and a focus on classes that we don’t see large numbers in at other races such as 1600 and 1450. In a world of high cost sporting events, Rage at the River is an inexpensive event to have tons of fun as both a racer or a spectator.

Follow live here:

McKenzie's Rage at the River is this weekend in Laughlin, NV! - race-deZert.com

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

dezertthing

I'm thinking of driving out from Colorado to spectate this weekend.
Can anyone tell me if I can purchase a pit pass somehow?
I'm currently building a class 11 car, and would really like to get up close and personal with some of the cars and owners.

harleys dad

I'm thinking of driving out from Colorado to spectate this weekend.
Can anyone tell me if I can purchase a pit pass somehow?
I'm currently building a class 11 car, and would really like to get up close and personal with some of the cars and owners.
I will give you one, look for cars 586 1158..1647 Team Dave-co

dezertthing

DaveCo! Thank you sir. I would love to meet you and your boys, pick your brains a bit too. If I can help out in any way, just let me know. :)

5racer

pls put class 5 back into heat 2, 99% of us were happy with that .70 plus cars is just asking for trouble.

EOR1488

Is it me or do the class 5 guys complain about everything on both sides of the ball. First time in a decade they have had 20 cars in a race and they have had like 20 threads leading up to this race like there launching a damn talking monkey to mars. Just show up and Race at some point

madmax_087

This year will be my first time at RATR spectating. Are there any places to camp trackside, like in Parker?
Looking for an inexpensive way to stay in Laughlin Friday night then wake up and watch some racing!

wheezy

"PRO PHOTO"
Is it me or do the class 5 guys complain about everything on both sides of the ball. First time in a decade they have had 20 cars in a race and they have had like 20 threads leading up to this race like there launching a damn talking monkey to mars. Just show up and Race at some point
LOL - ya, it's kinda true. It's been more work than you can imagine getting it to this point and seemingly f'n impossible to get everybody on the same page. Hopefully, when all the bs stops and green flag drops, all anybody will remember is how awesome this event was.

pgarfinkle

This year will be my first time at RATR spectating. Are there any places to camp trackside, like in Parker?
Looking for an inexpensive way to stay in Laughlin Friday night then wake up and watch some racing!
I believe there is camping in the pits but they are closed to racers and pit support only. No camping along the course. There are designated spectator areas that are fee based but no camping there either. Luckily, Laughlin is full of cheap hotel rooms.

madmax_087

I believe there is camping in the pits but they are closed to racers and pit support only. No camping along the course. There are designated spectator areas that are fee based but no camping there either. Luckily, Laughlin is full of cheap hotel rooms.
CRAP.
Can I just throw a tent up in the desert somewhere or are there armed guards patrolling the race course?

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
I believe you can still dry camp on BLM land, but you need to go several miles away from the race area.

PinkTaco

Great to see such a good turnout for this race!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pgarfinkle

CRAP.
Can I just throw a tent up in the desert somewhere or are there armed guards patrolling the race course?
Both race officials and BLM do patrol for spectators out of the approved areas. Its part of keeping a race permit.

firedog

Laughlin Sign Company in Bullhead City, AZ for those who need numbers, they are open until 4pm today!!

steve0we

If someone doesn't get in a knife fight in class 5U, it wasn't a good race!