• Forum membership has its advantages....

*OFFICIAL* SCORE Baja 1000 Update Thread

arqangel67

This goes out to arqangel67 and Peezy, I just checked the tracker and 1802 is still running around RM305 some 40 miles behind 1800 in second, I probably won't rest until I see them finish, good for them getting the whole 1000 miles worth of Baja LOL.
I had to get some sleep yesterday and left around page 88 and you two guys made reading all the way to page 126 exciting. I finally found out who won, congrats to Bebo. I couldn't make it to the 1000 this year because of work but it was great following it on RDC.
I wasn't able to make it this year so I thought I'd at least listen to the WM feed and ended up giving an online play by play. HAHA! Glad you enjoyed it as much as I did.

just woke up, lol, first thing i checked was to make sure 1802 kept going lol. glad to see there still going.

also was that report last night about vanderwey hitting a vehicle true?
I'm back on deck now, had to get some sleep myself and do some errands, so I can watch some more AHH inspiring determination. GO 1802!!!!!!!!!

So it looks to me 1802 is now in 2nd after getting around 1800 who has been stop in San Flippy for a long time. Keep it going!
Hell Yeah!!!! 1802 For the WIN!!!

arqangel67

Someone needs to tell 1802 that all of RDC is rooting for them to finish! Maybe I can call weatherman and have them tell them.
Did you ever call WM? I think that would really motivate those guys, they sure deserve it.

movindirt

Wham Spore
If same driver/co driver in 1802 then they are almost back to the section they preran last night. Time to make time!

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Go 1802! BTW the 1802 team is comprised of a bunch of Canadians who have never been to Baja, and most had only seen the desert in a Las Vegas brochure! Plus the driver is a paraplegic who is using hand controls. They have raised a bunch of money for charity by racing this years' 1000. All the more reason to say...GO 1802!

TJ_Gambino

Check out the sportsman buggy class. Looks like Viry Felix will bring home the win this year. She is in the home stretch with a commanding lead.

Roice

Go 401!

1802 should be up for a hard charger award.

BoothPacific Films

Go 1802! BTW the 1802 team is comprised of a bunch of Canadians who have never been to Baja, and most had only seen the desert in a Las Vegas brochure! Plus the driver is a paraplegic who is using hand controls. They have raised a bunch of money for charity by racing this years' 1000. All the more reason to say...GO 1802!
wow. with a race with so many stories this really is inspiring. keep it up #1802

arqangel67

yeah he did. WX called it out. don't know if 1802 got the message
Very Cool!! I hope they did get the message cuz it sure is true.

WOW!!! Those guys are my Hero's. A paraplegic and team racing the B1K for charity in a UTV, the human body ,mind,heart, and baja never cease to amaze me!!!

AZ1000

2009 DRIVE CHAMP
That's very cool!

GO 1802!!

arqangel67

Does anybody know what happened to RG near the finish? He was stopped for a while just a few hundred yards from the finish with his team standing at the finish. HA! They could have pushed him to the finish.

arqangel67

Check out the sportsman buggy class. Looks like Viry Felix will bring home the win this year. She is in the home stretch with a commanding lead.
Yup, she's got a 70 mile lead, she can pull over and get some tacos and beer and celebrate on the way in. HAHA!!

BoothPacific Films

Does anybody know what happened to RG near the finish? He was stopped for a while just a few hundred yards from the finish with his team standing at the finish. HA! They could have pushed him to the finish.
i think it was a driveshaft 1.5 miles before the finish

AZ1000

2009 DRIVE CHAMP
The RPI 10 car 1006 of Shelby Reid should be getting close. the lost a clutch at RM265 or so and spent most of the night fixing it.

Last edited: