• Forum membership has its advantages....

Offroad Jack - King vs AGM

SN8KE

I see a lot of King screw jacks on UTV's, class 5 & 10 cars. Looking for a comparison between the King Screw Jack and the AGM electric jack.

aburruss

i wondered about that jack, what failed on it?
There is an aluminum part that threads into the body, and has the long all-thread inside of it - this is what lifts the jack. Seems that the steel all-thread and an aluminum component don’t play well together, and the threads just strip out. Support has been so-so. I’ll keep you posted on our current “support” case. I’m already a few hundred into this thing… I’d like to not throw that away… but we’ll see how they respond in making this right. If they can’t, it’s time to move on to something else.

paranoid56

There is an aluminum part that threads into the body, and has the long all-thread inside of it - this is what lifts the jack. Seems that the steel all-thread and an aluminum component don’t play well together, and the threads just strip out. Support has been so-so. I’ll keep you posted on our current “support” case. I’m already a few hundred into this thing… I’d like to not throw that away… but we’ll see how they respond in making this right. If they can’t, it’s time to move on to something else.
got a pic of the part that fails? maybe can find a metal or bronze replacement.

Bert is my name

My suggestion is to have a new part machined for the failed .on . Appearance. Jack. The idea is sound enough. But sub par material turns a good idea into trash real quick.