• Forum membership has its advantages....

Offroad Magazine

scott

Riviera Racing will be having a spread on an upcoming issue for Offroad magazine. It will feature the Trophy Truck, and the Black Pre-runner. They had both cars out in Barstow the week before Primm for ACTION shots, should be killer though..

Stan

Hopefully the quality will go up too. Even though this month's was okay, I could do less with the monster trucks on 10-bolts and chrome shocks and the bait and switch was a little out of hand. Nothing like advertising a story (fabrication) and on the inside it's an article about cutting tools. If that's what the article is about, don't show a pic on the cover of a guy and welder. And the prerunner section, I liked the Class 7 Ranger but when it's under Prerunners in the TOC, shouldn't it be a prerunner in the mag and not a full blown race truck. Or am I just whining about nothing?

"Rehabilitation begins at autopsy."

Jimmy8

I personally think that this has been covered before in a post, and dont think that it should be brought up again, because last time it had some bad results with the magazine.

Stan

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

I personally think that this has been covered before in a post, and dont think that it should be brought up again, because last time it had some bad results with the magazine.

<hr></blockquote>

As long as it's thoughtful and insightful criticism, no one should have a problem with it, especially the ones making the product. If one were to say "that shock sucks" or "last month's issue blew farm animals" then okay, it shouldn't be said. But if someone wanted to say something like "this shock has these features while the other one doesn't, yet costs the same" or "this month they had a picture of the most awesomemest truck in the world on the cover" advertising an article on said truck, then you got to the inside and it was a two page pullout with no details; then I would feel cheated. If said vendor or publisher got pissed by the first statements, I would understand. If they would get pissed over the last two statements, then I can take my business elsewhere. Would the said person wonder WTF? if someone was to say "I think this month's issue was a little lacking." Okay, they see there is a problem, but what is the problem?

In this month's issue of Off-Road, yes I felt a little cheated. I looked at the cover, saw the truck, the advertisement for the fabricating article, paid my money and left. Then when I opened the mag and read it, I have an article on cutting tools, nothing else. A cover truck that, well I think is offroad-challenged, yet a kick butt article on Doetsch Tech shocks. Sometimes it's hit and miss and I was just registering my displeasure at the issue. If anyone takes offense at what I believe is good wholesome constructive criticism without trying to be offensice, they can tell me and I'll take my money and put it somewhere else.

"Rehabilitation begins at autopsy."

gary

i know...i got to ride in the prerunner that day.....heeheehee.....still get all smily thinkin' about it.....it might be awhile before they're in the mag though. shooting got cut short, due to technical difficulties, so they gotta reschedule to finish up.

Waldo

Safehouse
When editors shoot features for any editorial it takes at least three months before it is visible in any issue. The lead time for magazines is around 3 months. That is why advertisers complain about paying for issues that aren't on the newstand!

BRAAAAAAAAP!

~Waldo~

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Anyone got any pics of the riviera prerunner...I've seen the ones on go-desert, are there any others? Anyone know if it will be at the expo this weekend?

Jimmy8

They raced their pre runner at Laughlin this year in TT, so anywhere you see a Laughlin 2001 picture gallery you will probably find it.

scott

Yeah your right about the 3 month thing, it will be probably January or February's issue .

jeff

Is this the picture you were looking for?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.go-desert.com/photos/01sc-laughlin/1ldc7.html>http://www.go-desert.com/photos/01sc-laughlin/1ldc7.html</A>

Aloha

scott

I'm talking about an upcoming issue Probably the beginning of the year, ( January/February).... Both the Trophy Truck and the Picture you attached the Pre-runner.