• Forum membership has its advantages....

Offroad Trivia

JenDiggityDirt

Somebody should start an "Offroad Trivia" thread...wouldn't that be fun? Oh wait, I JUST DID! Unfortunately I'd suck at getting any of the questions right and I have none of my own to contribute but anyone else.....?

<font color=white>JEN</font color=white>

Jimmy8

Here is a Trivia question. How many career championships does Manny Esquerra have in class 7, and who is the only other driver in professional motorsports to have more championships under his belt.

Greg

I dont know how many Manny has but is the other guy possibly Warren Johnson?

Greg

Jimmy8

Not Warren johnson, but here is another one to dwell on with the 1st question. Who has competed in more Parker 400's than any other person?

BradM

If you count all forms of racing, I would say John Force. He is and will always be the only 10 time Winston Champ since Winston will be pulling out of NHRA. He also has about 95 event wins to WJs 85. If you are looking at event wins, Richard Petty has 200 in NASCAR with 7 championships.

Jimmy8

You are right about John Force. He is the one. Manny has 7 class 7 championships. How about my other question now.

Jimmy8

yeah, I guess my name gave that one away.

Jimmy8

I have got 2 trivia questions for you today, an easy one and a really hard one. In 1986 who won the HDRA/SCORE points championship in class 22 motorcycle? Here goes the hard one. In 1984 who won the class 14 HDRA "CLOSED COURSE" championship, and give me a description of what class 14 is? Here is a Bonus question. Who's class 8 truck did Robby Gordon buy and run while he was waiting for his Venable class 8 truck to be finished? these 3 should keep you off road historians on your toes for a while. i will give the answers in a couple of days if no one has got them right. I have pleny more where these came from, maybe I will keep these a regular thing because I love coming up with them.

DougM

Trivia Question- who was on the ORIGINAL
FORD ROUGH RIDERS off road team from 1991-1996?

jimpat

most likely the winningest guy in off road would be either Rodney Hall or Larry Swachofer...Larry was unbeaten from circa 1978 to 1988...won the class championship every year and the baja 1000...

when everything is under control, you are going to slow!!!!!

Gabe Lara

Doug,
Hmmm, I'll take a shot at that one...And probably get shot down.....
Paul and Dave Simon
Rob MacCachren
Robby Gordon
John Swift
Manny Esquerra

I'm still scratching my head, so.

I also want to say Scott Douglas, but I may have his Ranger a bit confused with Swift's car when it ran Ranger glass.......Wait, Scott was driving for Herzog back then, and tearing up 7 Open.

DougM

Scott Taylor(CORR) , and Dave Ashley/Smith were the last 2.

I forgot about Robby in the stadium truck( he wasnt a desert RR member)

Jimmy8

Paul Simon
Dave Simon
Manny Esquerra
Chuck Johnson
Rob Macchachren
Dave Ashley
Dan Smith
John Swift

Pretty easy when I have the poster on the wall where they are all dressed up as cowboys. It seems to me like Chuck Johnson is forgotten Rough Rider, no one seems to remember him. I dont think Scott Taylor was an original. Steve Olliges also came on later for one year too.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Who has the most Baja 1000 wins, and how many?

Ramsey