OHV Toy Drive

Michellez

Reaction
Wishes can come true with your help on our OHV TOY DRIVE for kids with Cancer and other life threatening illnesses. All toys that are collected will be donated to Millers Children's Hospital of Long Beach and University Children's Hospital of Irvine (uci). This will be kicking off at the Sand Sports Super Show.
Please help these kids by donating an un-wrapped toy to one of our business sponsors at the show or there place of business. Each sponsor will have a collection tubs/bins either in their booth or at their place of business. We have put together a flyer that will show all of the sponsors that will be collecting the toys. Please consider all age groups, from new born thru young adult.

If you would like to become a sponsor or help to volunteer, email me for more information.
http://gotdunes.com/images/Toy%2...20copy.pdf
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

Michellez

Reaction
<font color="blue"> I wanted to say Thank You to Tom Sobray from Fair for getting involved and helping us out with our toy drive. </font color>

If you would also like to help out, please email me and I will get you the information. I know the kids will be so happy to see all of the toys.

Desert_Roller

Reaction
I know it's tough to think about the holidays when it's 90+ degrees outside.

Imagine having to spend more than an afternoon at your local emergency room, how about a few days, a few weeks or even longer. Now, roll back the clock, for some more than others, to your childhood, your stuck in the hospital, you feel horrible, and you can't stand the food. But things are looking up, the doctors have you feeling better, your watching Dezert People 1 or 2 on the TV, and your playing with your PCI Trophy Truck!

F.A.I.R. will be collecting un-wrapped toys at our meetings and all SCORE, MORE and MDR races, until the end of November. Including the SNORE Pro 1600 race and the Baja 1000 starting position drawing on October 15th.

If you need further information, please contact Michelle, or any of the sponsors.

Tom

Michellez

Reaction
IF ANYONE ELSE WANTS TO HELP COLLECT TOYS PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GET YOU ALL OF THE INFORMATION.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE GOING TO THE SHOWS AND WOULD LIKE TO DONATE AN UN-WRAPPED TOY, LOOK OUT FOR BUSINESS SPONSORS WITH COLLECTION BINS.
<font color="green"> REMEMBER THIS IS TO BRIGHTEN THE KIDS HOLIDAY SEASON </font color>

Michellez

Reaction
Here is a wish list that the hospitals gave me that the kids would like to get, they know that they will not get everything on the list, but they thought it would be a great start. I know it's hard to choose what to get the kids and that is why they gave me this list, to help people choose gifts off of this list as a start.
One thing to remember is that all of the toys must be UN-WRAPPED. The have to be new toys, not used toys, because the kids are sick and they have to be careful not to get toys that have been used.

Holiday Wish List For 2003

DONATIONS FOR MILLER CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL &amp; UNIVERSITY CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL

Newborn to 1 year

Stuffed animals with short pile fabric and without button noses and eyes, Soft dolls, Squeaky toys, Activity boxes, Teething toys, Large interlocking rings or keys, Rattles, Musical toys and chime toys, Pop up toys, Cardboard books

AGES 1-2

Simple shape sorters, Stacking toys, Toy shopping carts, Toy telephones, Bath toys, Playhouses, Foot propelled ride-on toys, Large blocks, Push and pull toys, Cardboard books,

AGES 3-6

Construction toys, Blocks with letters and numbers, Stuffed animals, Dress up clothes, Simple puzzles, Board games, Matching games, Art supplies – large crayons, construction paper, coloring books, Toy trucks, Toy tools, Play Kitchen items, dishes and food, Talking and sound books

AGES 8-12

Board games, Dolls, Barbie’s, Barbie clothes, Beads, Craft items, Small Lego’s, Construction toys, Jump ropes, Paper dolls, Model kits, Magic and science kits, Art supplies – (coloring books, glue, glue sticks, playdough, watercolor sets, crayons, markers, construction paper, child scissors, lanyard), Puzzles, Doll houses, Stickers, Fun pens – gel pens, sparkle pens, Hot wheels type cars, Action figures

TEEN GIFTS

Recent videos Rated G PG or PG13, Nintendo 64 games - non violent, Play station games – non-violent, Hand held video games, Hand held electronic games – (uno, connect 4, poker, black jack, yahtzee, Simon says), Jewelry, Bath and body products, Cosmetics, Walkman, Popular CD’s, Picture frames, Journals, Photo books, Calendars, Fun pens – gel pens, sparkle pens,

Michellez

Reaction
Here is the newest flyer for this event.

Toy Drive Flyer
Also here is the most current list of business sponors that we have:
got dunes?
RIS Designs
R&amp;R Duners
American Sand Association
CORVA
Sand Addiction Magazine
DUNERS
Cycle Parts West
Suck It Up Racing Apparel
Long Beach Motor Sports
Light 'Em Up!
FunRunner
F.A.I.R-First Association of Independent Racers
UPS.COM
Off Road Expo

Look for these people at the sand show and the off road expo or even at there businesses. They will all have collection bins for the toy drive.

Michellez

Reaction
Also I forgot to tell everyone, if you want to come out and meet a few new people, you guys are more than welcome to come join us:
<font color="blue">
Taco Tuesday Sept 23, 2003
El Torito Mexican Restaurant &amp; Cantina
101 East Orangethorpe Avenue,
Fullerton, CA 92832
(714) 871-9720
This one is off of Harbor Blvd and OrangeThorpe. Same time, starts at 6:30PM and goes until everyone leaves, Kids are more than welcome to show too. Hope to see you all there. We will try for the patio area, so bring a jacket just in case it gets cold.
</font color>

Michellez

Reaction
<font color="blue"> OK WELL THE SAND SPORT SUPER SHOW IS OVER AND I HAVE TO TELL YOU HOW DISAPOINTED I AM WITH THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE THAT SHOWED UP TO THE SHOW, WE DID NOT COLLECT ONE TOY FOR THIS TOY DRIVE. I KNOW EVERYONE IS REALLY BUSY TRYING TO GET THERE TOYS READY FOR THE UP COMING SEASON AND ALL, BUT I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT WE WOULD HAVE COLLECTED AT LEAST ONE THING. I SURE HOPE THAT AT THE OFF ROAD EXPO WE CAN DO BETTER TO COLLECT A FEW TOYS FOR THIS EVENT.

COME ON GUYS I KNOW ITS EARLY FOR CHRISTMAS, BUT THIS IS FOR KIDS. PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THIS TOY DRIVE AND BRING A TOY WITH YOU TO DROP IN THE BOX.
ALSO IF YOU LOOK AT THE SPONSORS THAT WE HAVE YOU CAN ALSO DROP A TOY OFF AT THERE PLACE OF BUSINESS. </font color>

Michellez

Reaction
<font color="yellow"> I know that Christmas is far away and no one is really thinking about TOYS and making a donation, But this is a great time to do it. You have more money now than you will when it gets near Christmas. So if everyone bringing at least one toy to the Off Road Expo it would help out these kids so much, give them something to look forward too. Or if you are going to any of the SCORE/ MDR RACES, F.A.I.R will be collecting at each of the races in between now and Dec 1st. But don't wait until the last minute to help out with this event. </font color>

Michellez

Reaction
<font color="blue"> Things are starting to shape up nicely for the Off Road Expo, We have some more Business Sponsors that have stepped up to the plate and are not only going to make a donation to the toy drive, but the will have a collection boxes at there booth. So remember everyone PLEASE bring one toy with you to the show at place it in one of there boxes for this kids.

Here are a few of them to look out for while at the show:
ASA-American Sand Association, CORVA, Cycle Parts West, Long Beach Motor Sports,
Suck It Up Racing Apparel, F.A.I.R-First Association of Independent Racers, Razorback Designs,
McKenzie's Performance Products

I will post more if more come aboard. Thanks to everyone who has stepped up to the plate and is willing to help us out with this toy drive. We will start to post pics about this event soon, so keep your eyes out.

</font color>

Michellez

Reaction
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Hi Michelle. I was reading your post on the desired toys for each age group, very helpful, but I wanted to know which groups are in need more then the rest. Sometimes certain age groups always get short changed. From past experiences it's been the teen and 0-3 ages.
Please let me know so I can get some stuff before the Expo.
Thanks,
Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone Mike came up with a really good question. So I made a call over to the hospital and yes there are two different age groups that get left out every year. The two are the infants and the teens, so if there is a way to be a little more geared to them it would be best. Rita @ Millers Children's Hospital said that a lot of people pick to purchase Hot wheels, Barbie’s, Dolls, Cars. Not that those are bad things but, that is just what they see a lot of from everyone. She did say that for the teens, that movies would be good as well, but we have to make sure that it is not showing a lot of bare skin. We want to make sure these are clean movies that we are donating to the hospitals, that the parents will allow there kids to see.

So once again here is a list of what the have recommended for donations:
Newborn to 1 year

Stuffed animals with short pile fabric and without button noses and eyes, Soft dolls, Squeaky toys, Activity boxes, Teething toys, Large interlocking rings or keys, Rattles, Musical toys and chime toys, Pop up toys, Cardboard books

AGES 1-2

Simple shape sorters, Stacking toys, Toy shopping carts, Toy telephones, Bath toys, Playhouses, Foot propelled ride-on toys, Large blocks, Push and pull toys, Cardboard books,

AGES 3-6

Construction toys, Blocks with letters and numbers, Stuffed animals, Dress up clothes, Simple puzzles, Board games, Matching games, Art supplies – large crayons, construction paper, coloring books, Toy trucks, Toy tools, Play Kitchen items, dishes and food, Talking and sound books

AGES 8-12

Board games, Dolls, Barbie’s, Barbie clothes, Beads, Craft items, Small Lego’s, Construction toys, Jump ropes, Paper dolls, Model kits, Magic and science kits, Art supplies – (coloring books, glue, glue sticks, play dough, watercolor sets, crayons, markers, construction paper, child scissors, lanyard), Puzzles, Doll houses, Stickers, Fun pens – gel pens, sparkle pens, Hot wheels type cars, Action figures

TEEN GIFTS

Recent videos Rated G PG or PG13, Nintendo 64 games - non violent, Play station games – non-violent, Hand held video games, Hand held electronic games – (uno, connect 4, poker, black jack, yahtzee, Simon says), Jewelry, Bath and body products, Cosmetics, Walkman, Popular CD’s, Picture frames, Journals, Photo books, Calendars, Fun pens – gel pens, sparkle pens

Michellez

Reaction
I didn't go to the sand show and will not be attending the off-road expo. I'm in San Diego county... Do any of your buisness sponsors have donation boxes in the San Diego area? Is there an address we can send stuff to? Maybe post that.
I'm guessing a lot of people just forgot. I can 99% guarentee you that I'd have forgotten to bring a toy to the show if I was going. But, when I sit here and read the thread I'm thinking about it and that's when I get the motivation to buy something and do it, not on the way to an offroad show. So, basically an address for someone like me would be more likely to get my donation. Anyways, I'll donate something if you can help me out with a location to drop it off in San Diego or an address.
BTW I haven't looked at your sponsor list but if you're looking for someone in San Diego, contact ORW or Cycle Parts West for donation box locations. They get TONS of customers and have done stuff like this in the past.
Khris

[/ QUOTE ]

Another very good point has been brought up by Khris, Thank you for asking the question.
Frist off let me just point out that CYCLE PARTS WEST in San Diego has a collection box at there store if anyone would like to place a donation there.
Also if you would like to make any kind of Donation you can send it to me at:
Michelle Zumstein
C/O GOTDUNES OHV TOY DRIVE
8681 Katella Ave Spc.834
Stanton, CA 90680

<font color="yellow"> Here are the current list of sponsor that will have collection boxes in there booths at the show:

Razorback Designs
McKenzie's Performance Products
Suck It Up Racing Apparel
CORVA
American Sand Association
Cycle Parts West
Dirt Diva
</font color>

<font color="red"> We will be collecting toys up until NOVEMBER 14th. </font color>

MOVIN_DIRT

Reaction
I would like to start a challenge for all the off-roaders out there!

Y-NOT PRODUCTIONS is going to donate 20 videos and $50 worth of toys.

Just think of how happy you can make one day for a kid who is sick. Please bring at least on toy. And if you forget to bring something to the expo I am sure you can at least find a gift for a teen at the expo, so no excusses!

Michellez

Reaction
I would like to start a challenge for all the off-roaders out there!

Y-NOT PRODUCTIONS is going to donate 20 videos and $50 worth of toys.

Just think of how happy you can make one day for a kid who is sick. Please bring at least on toy. And if you forget to bring something to the expo I am sure you can at least find a gift for a teen at the expo, so no excusses!

Tony Campbell
YNOT PRODUCTIONS
www.movin-dirt.com
www.y-not-productions.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony Thank you for helping out with this, the kids will be so excited. Tom from FAIR is going to allow us to set up a booth at the Baja 1000 Starting Position Drawing on Oct 15th at the Fullertion Raddison Hotel. So if you are going to that and would like to make a donation then you can.

The following are a few of the businesses that have collection boxes at there location, so if you are out in the area and can drop off a donation, here are the ones to look out for:

RIS DESIGNS--Paramount, CA
Cycle Parts West -Both locations- Stanton &amp; San Diego, CA
Long Beach Motor Sports -- Long Beach, CA
Funrunner -- Whittier, CA
McKenzie's Performance Products -- Anaheim, CA

Here is one of the kids that you would be helping out.

Or you can mail in your donation by emailing me michellez@gotdunes.com

Michellez

Reaction
Ok here is another location that we will be at on OCT 21st, if you would like to show up and have a few Taco's and Beer's and make a donation, please feel free to join us at:
Taco Tuesday Oct 21st, 2003
El Torito Mexican Restaurant &amp; Cantina
101 East Orangethorpe Avenue,
Fullerton, CA 92832
(714) 871-9720
This one is off of Harbor Blvd and OrangeThorpe.Same time, starts at 6:30PM and goes until everyone leaves. Hope to see you all there. We will try for the patio area, so bring a jacket just in case it gets cold.

Ok some of the people over the last weekend had asked me a few questions about this toy drive. Who I was, why was I doing this and could it go longer than Nov 14th.
So let me just take a minute to explain a few things, so it will give everyone a little bit more info.
My name is Michelle and I am the owner of gotdunes.com, last year my husband came down with cancer. This was unexpected to all of us since he was a very healthy person. All of our friends got together and pull in donations of all kinds. It was such a touching thing that was a surprise to us. Well since then my husband has made a full recovery, cancer free and is doing great.
Well one day at the doctor’s office, my husbands doctor told us a really sad story about a patience of his that is a single mom of four kids that was going threw chemo during Christmas and could not afford toys or even dinner for them. So he and a few other doctors pulled together to give her and the kids dinner with all of the fixings, toys and clothes for the kids.
So I told my daughter the story and said wouldn’t it be great to help out KIDS that are going threw this very thing during the holidays. So we both agreed that it would be wonderful to help out kids with cancer and other illnesses. But it was too late last year, so we started out this year and got two hospitals out of 20 that were willing to come aboard. So we started out with flyers and making the website, talking to people we knew. That is how this whole toy drive came to be and we would love to see this turn into something great for those that where in a place where we were last year.

Yes we will accept any donation all the way up until DECEMBER 12th.....

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Michellez,

I would like to donate some t-shirts to your toy drive. I haven't been paying attention to this thread, so now that I see what it's about, you can count us in. We are based out of Arizona, so please let us know where to send it and maybe some sizes. You can private e-mail me if you'd like. Rory Ward

Michellez

Reaction
I hope to see alot of you on wednesday night, I hope that we can collect toys for the kids.

Michellez

Reaction
HELLO GUYS,
I JUST WANTED TO REMIND EVERYONE THAT IS GOING TO BE SENDING IN DONATIONS, PLEASE DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE, TRY TO SEND THEM RIGHT AWAY SO WE CAN DO OUR PART.
THANKS MICHELLE