Oil drain valve

sirhk100

Reaction
I stopped by one of my friends house last night and he was changing oil in his Honda. I didn't realize it though cause I normally have mine all jacked up so I can crawl under it. He just had a hose sticking out from under it and into the drain pan. I crawled under and he had a valve on his drain pan where the plug should be with a nipple on it and a hose that he'd attached to it. It litterally looked like an oversized fuel petcock off a motorcycle. Anyways, he said he paid like $20 for the thing and it screwed into the drain pan. He said it just made for a WAY faster oil change cause there is never a mess so there's no clean up and he doesn't even get out tools anymore. Anyways, I think I'm gonna try one on my Honda. Don't know if I'd do it on my Explorer or offroad vehicle cause I'd be scared of it getting hit and turned on, then draining your oil on the trail. Anyways, thought maybe someone might be interested, looks like a kinda cool idea for your daily drivers....

http://www.fumotovalve.com/

'92 Ford Exploder (AKA Dezert Limo cause it's loaded)

shower

Reaction
Fram makes a better one. I got it from Wal-Mart for $10. Nothing to turn on or off. You just take the cap off and screw the end of the hose on. Screwing the hose on opens the valve to let the oil out. Best of all it only sticks out a little futher than the original plug.

sirhk100

Reaction
I'll have to check out that Walmart one...

'92 Ford Exploder (AKA Dezert Limo cause it's loaded)

michael_loomis

Reaction
on yachts we would take the factory drain plug , drill out the center , tap it to 1/4" npt , install a brass ball valve and run a hose from it to an electric pump , kinda overkill on a car but sure made draining 5 gallons out of a giant sump a snap !