Oil pressurre sender on 5.0l

indirtwetrust

Reaction
I am trying to put an Autometer Oil pressure sending unit on my 5.0. Idealy I would put it where the stock one is, but the autometer canister is about 2" in diameter so will not fit in the stock location. On the opposite side of the block there is a plug that takes a 1/4" allen, so my question is has anyone had this problem? and if so, is it ok in this port on the passenger side because the canister is kind of large and will stick out quite a bit there and I worry about it breaking off. Or should I try to use a brass 90 degree fitting and try to use the stock location? Please help! any suggestions welcome. Thanks

cancinoj

Reaction
have seen many race trucks with an hydraulic extension line or high pressure line custom made just like the ones used on any hydraulic system like power steering or brakes, it works the same way many guys install a remote oil filter , you know, a high pressure line then you connect your sender any place you want,. can't find any picture, but that way you can fix that problem.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Re: Oil pressure sender on 5.0l

Find the stock extension.
I did the same thing, I actually used the extension that came off the 2.9L V-6 that I was replacing with the 5.0L. They should be easy to find at any junkyard.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
I just went and checked in my garage and I have an extention just like SteveG posted. It's yours if you want it. Send me a PM if you are interested. Attached is a pic of the one I have.

Attachments

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
No problem, the part was just sitting around in my garage. If it doesn't work out or you change your mind and want to use it, let me know.