OK, I guess I will be "That guy"..... HEY B.I.T.D

steve0we

Reaction
I downloaded the race course file as soon as it came out..... Spent a few hours working on it and noticed it had some issues. I called BITD who said it was to late to change it and they would announce the issues at the drivers meeting. ok.... I guess. I called Leadnav for help on making my changes so that things worked smoothly and they gladly helped out, but that only gets us so far....

looked at the BITD website today and there is a new file.... Its just as bad as the first.

1. How do you go off the starting line and hit RM 111? "We broke at RM116, but I can still see the start/finish"???
2. How do you provide a PDF that is so low quality you cant even see the start finish or mile markers.

BITD is supposed to set the bar.... please hire someone like Leadnav to produce good working files or just don't offer them and let us wing it.

Hate being that guy, but this sucks!

Am I missing something?

T-ROY racing

Reaction
i too have issues with the file, i had to call PCI as they ensured me they will have a "fix" for any issues the file may have. the file is not downloading into my lowrance hds7 as it only goes to 97% and locks up. i will have to tackle this problem at tech with PCI as they are always helpful. adds extra stress as we hope everything will work out....

LeadNav

Reaction
Here is the LEADNAV Lesson tutorial I threw together after that call. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Hopefully it helps these mappers for these events as well!

--------

This lesson will help everyone especially those taking outside gps files and importing them into LEADNAV.

LEADNAV works with the .GPX format but any other GPS format can also be converted and imported/exported using free software like GPS Babel (See our Community Forum Lessons section)

IN THIS LESSON

Utilizing LEADNAV GPS for the iOS iPhone and iPad we will show you some more advanced features using the Pro Pack in App Subscription to Cut, Copy, Flip and Merge multiple Route files.

In this scenario we will be taking a look at the 2019 Mint 400 desert race which had multiple issues with the file itself when distributed by the race organization.

***Thank you and remember to Like and to Subscribe to our You Tube Channel! Also please goto the Apple App Store and give our LEADNAV GPS application a Review!

LeadNav

Reaction
i too have issues with the file, i had to call PCI as they ensured me they will have a "fix" for any issues the file may have. the file is not downloading into my lowrance hds7 as it only goes to 97% and locks up. i will have to tackle this problem at tech with PCI as they are always helpful. adds extra stress as we hope everything will work out....
You may be able to perform the mentioned fix in LEADNAV then do a "Export to GPS Unit" function within the MENU under the main Route to simplify the Route File into a line for the Lawrence. Then import that. To get the Markers and Dangers imported you could then Duplicate the Collection and scrub out the Tracks and Routes and do an export of those separately into the Lawrence.

This is how we PreRun and bump our work back and fourth between LEADNAV and Lowrance/Garmin

I agree though this was not the best course work I've seen them provide...and should not have to be done by you, me or PCI/Rugged...

Last edited: