Ok...I hate Rock Crawling...but!

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Reaction
This is my personal opinion, but watching rock crawling is like watching paint dry. Like Ricky Bobby said...'I wanna go fast.'

But watching the Moon Buggy race in the 1800 class at the T250 was awesome. That thing sounded like the space shuttle taking off. It pegged the 'bitchin o'meter.'

Plus those wheels/tires were huge! I still have wood. :p

Dezertpilot

Reaction
What was Campbell's motivation to race his moon buggy? Anyone know?

Sato Bros. Racing

Reaction
I think he was out gettin it ready for Vegas to Reno. There are gunna be quite a few of the King of the Hammer guys runnin at V2R.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
I think he was out gettin it ready for Vegas to Reno. There are gunna be quite a few of the King of the Hammer guys runnin at V2R.

Thats gotta be a rough ride:eek:

Brice

Reaction
it looked alright but definitely needs shock tuning (especially in the rear)

congrats campbell crew on the finish!

Stone Crawler

Reaction

Bingo! Class 4400 for V2R will be a KOH2010 Qualifier. They are hardly Rock Crawlers anymore. But they do a wide asortment of different styles of offroad terrain. We will be racing them in the Lands end hill climb as well in August.

Wanna see why we say this? Follow the link for the 2009 KOH movie trailer.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/tv/koh09.php

Jeff Knoll

pappawheely

O.G. Photo
Reaction
Just remember people, The crawlers don't honk and then go around. They go right over you. :eek:

Jessro

Reaction
I like the idea of bridging the gap between rock crawling and go fast but it still seems like rock crawling is the main purpose for these rigs. I like rock crawling somewhat but it isn't as exciting to watch or drive as open desert races. I like the idea of being able to do a race with a stock vehicle and then modifying it to do better the second time through. (I think most people are like this.) But there is no way I could ever take a stock vehicle through those rock trails. It seems like this race is going the other way. Taking a purpose build rock crawler and making a few mods to be able to go from point A to point B faster then it normally would. Thats cool in its own right but I like the idea of being able to drive the race rig to the race.

Sato Bros. Racing

Reaction
it looked alright but definitely needs shock tuning (especially in the rear)

congrats campbell crew on the finish!

I think that by the time V2R gets here, Shannon's car is going to be even faster. The rear is going to be totally diff. also, he said that they are mounting a 60 gal cell and a spare for V2R.......so ya, the rear is def. going to need some tuning:D

Brice

Reaction
I think that by the time V2R gets here, Shannon's car is going to be even faster. The rear is going to be totally diff. also, he said that they are mounting a 60 gal cell and a spare for V2R.......so ya, the rear is def. going to need some tuning:D

that weight should help a lot (if it's going behind the axle). i definitely would like to see him get that thing working bitchen in the rough.

Stone Crawler

Reaction
I like the idea of bridging the gap between rock crawling and go fast but it still seems like rock crawling is the main purpose for these rigs. I like rock crawling somewhat but it isn't as exciting to watch or drive as open desert races. I like the idea of being able to do a race with a stock vehicle and then modifying it to do better the second time through. (I think most people are like this.) But there is no way I could ever take a stock vehicle through those rock trails. It seems like this race is going the other way. Taking a purpose build rock crawler and making a few mods to be able to go from point A to point B faster then it normally would. Thats cool in its own right but I like the idea of being able to drive the race rig to the race.

The goal is to build a car that can do just about everything. V2R will be a big test. Their are a few of us running the More 500 miler in Sportsman in preperation for the V2R so we'll get even more test time. Reality is that most Rock crawlers are just offroaders that have progressed into doing really technical rock trails. We all pretty much start about the same, enjoying the back country, in what ever rig we happen to have whether a VW Bug, or Jeep.

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Before I started shooting rock crawling for Pirate4x4.com I was never into rock crawling, but each event I attend I gain more and more respect for the drivers and what they and their rigs are capable of. Its pretty amazing to see what some of the vehicles can climb up.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
The launch off the start was nothing short of impressive. It was probably one of the coolest things I have seen watching the start of a race.