Ok... Now let's see the front

jeff

Reaction
Ok... Now let\'s see the front

I assume everyone has seen this photo... anyone have the story leading up to this or the damage caused by the landing? Go to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.atv-racing.com>http://www.atv-racing.com</A> for more. It's worth it - trust me.

Aloha

blind655

Reaction
Re: Ok... Now let\'s see the front

ouch, I didnt know bedsides could do that
.. sick jump though

A suburban might not be as good as a truck, but it comes damn close with 8 people in it

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction

if that is the only thing that broke, I am extremely impressed!

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction

I got that emailed to me last night. The guy is obviously a moron.

AS for the bed splitting off like that it is becaseu the bed is seemed together. Mine is starting to split because of romping with a 150 ft^3 nitrogen bottle in the back and it was bouncing around, but it's not even close to what that jack asses is. I would not even give him props for the jump...that is just stupidity.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.animalhousedesigns.net>Animal House</A>

blind655

Reaction

Yeah your right that was pretty dumb

A suburban might not be as good as a truck, but it comes damn close with 8 people in it

Tom_Willis

Reaction

That landing was an 11 on the sphinter-factor. And no cage, either. I guess he ran out of credit with the lift kit and glass. BTW, Is that the BLM in the background? If that had been Jack Waldron, he personally would have administered a beatin' to the driver.

PBC_Tacoma_Kid

Reaction

Well I was there as they were pulling out of the dunes! lol, some people shouldnt be allowed to drive offroad! Anyways I was told that his friend was the one driving it when it happened and he was used to driving a big lifted truck, so he hit the jump with some speed and just flew, The damage i know of was destroyed the power steering, broke some pulleys, totally tweaked the frame and i think the beams got messed up too, Suprisingly the bumper held up and all, I think the guy bought the truck from someone else who had just had it done at baja shop recently. The guys didnt seem very smart, they probably thought it was funny until he realizes how much money its going to cost to fix.

scott

Reaction

Ahhhh, Bed Stiffeners, or some form of tubing?????

jeff

Reaction

I for one think that it kicks ass. As long as the idiot driving didn't endanger anyone else who cares that he or she launched the truck? Sure it f'd it all up. Sure it isn't something I'd do in my own or my buddies truck. Stuff like that makes me laugh and I wish more people did that kind of stuff out in Glamis. It looks like they even had spotters, and as someone mentioned, they weren't trashing the place. I love watching RG launch his truck, LeDuc also puts on a good show... and I guess RG and LeDuc are stupid for doing it... but I still enjoy watching it. Stupid is destroying a truck doing something that isn't that burly. I know a couple people that have rolled or almost rolled doing doughnuts - (no offense Greg). I'd rather see a truck go out in a blaze of glory than just dump onto its side or rollover onto its roof in a dirt lot. I still want some pics of the front end aftermath - anyone got any? It reminds me of the shot of that white F-150 on the Weldtec site with the taco'd hood.

Aloha

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction

The difference between this arse and RG or LeDuc is that they are professionals in well equipped vehicles made for this. I too enjoy watching these idiots but that is what gives the rest of us a bad name.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.animalhousedesigns.net>Animal House</A>

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction

I dont really see how it gives us a bad name if they are beeting their own stuff not breaking any laws or anyone is in danger. A few of my friends go out and beet their trucks all the time and its actually funner than watching a fully built truck do the same thing if you ask me :)

I say if they want to beet it fine just dont indanger anyone elce while doing it!

Go Big Or Go Home

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction

That's from Pismo, in fact I was there that day but didn't catch that jump. BTW, nobody is in danger on that hill.
Anyway, I and all of my local pismo friends have met that kid.. He's... ummmm.... well.... from what i've been told he's not the smartest kid around and we're suprised he was even able to get his truck up to speed enough to get that jump cuz from what' I've seen it's pretty slow in the sand and must have needed one heck of a run at it.. I've also heard that it's fabbed pretty homegrown type.. I'll leave it at that.
-Chris

2000 v6 4x4 TRD 5-Speed Tacoma

Marshall

Reaction

Im all for watching people huck there trucks, but if that kid would of landed on his lid and got hurt or worse it would just give the A$$es another reason to close the dunes. That dude should be on "when good times go bad"

scott

Reaction

Kritter, you beat me to it, RG & Leduc also have 20 more inches of wheel travel...but what amazes me is that no weight in the back gave that thing the nose over attitude... He's lucky he didn't Lawn Dart that thing and get hurt... My 2 cents

PBC_Tacoma_Kid

Reaction

Actually Thats a different guy, you are thinking of Doug who has the hacked ranger, thats not him, the one that launched was built buy baja shop with a 4.0 in it I think unlike that other guys 4 banger, that doug guys is still messed though, last time i saw it the glass was falling off and it had no hood.

Greg

Reaction

Thanks Jeff! At least it's still legal to roll in your own back yard. Will I ever live it down? guess not.

Greg

Mike_HKmtrsprts

Reaction

Looks to me like that kid is the next Seth Enslow!!!

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
Re: PCBTaco

I thought this was a different guy, but all my friends swore it was the same guy.. makes sense though. BTW, you live near Pismo?
-Chris

2000 v6 4x4 TRD 5-Speed Tacoma