• Forum membership has its advantages....

Old 9 guy thinking of going again

racetrash

After RATR this weekend with EmpireDestructive Racing running the 5 car and the 11 car, got to talking with the wife about getting another 9 car. I won the SNORE 9 car class in 1987, and would like to race a couple of races next year (bap/ratr) What do you young racers now think? 57 now, getting old, but not done i hope, I know I could ask you [email protected] RACETRASH WIRING

Mike Depue

After RATR this weekend with EmpireDestructive Racing running the 5 car and the 11 car, got to talking with the wife about getting another 9 car. I won the SNORE 9 car class in 1987, and would like to race a couple of races next year (bap/ratr) What do you young racers now think? 57 now, getting old, but not done i hope, I know I could ask you [email protected] RACETRASH WIRING

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Bro_Gill

I hear you Pete. 51 years old and I still remember 40 9 cars lined up along the gas line road in Ridgecrest for a La Rana race and how cool it was. If you were ever a VW guy, Class 9 and Class 11 tug at your heart strings.

T_Petersen

I'm not positive, but I believe MORE is allowing power steering in 2017. Can anyone back that up?

3 Amigos Racing

I am 54 soon to be 55 WTF!
When I left Class 9 2013 I was peeing a little blood after every Barstow race but felt pretty strong and I was 52.
I would do RATR and BAP in Class 9 for sure.

My Jeepspeed and Class 11 are plush in comparison but a 9 has the good feeling when you hit it right.

freddy

Go for it!

At 35 I should have a few years left until it's too late for class 9 then...

Rocket 450

At 39 I'm seriously considering selling off my 2/16 car project and getting a single seat 9 car

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

T_Petersen

I'm also looking for a class 9 2 seater
If you're serious my car is for sale along with others posted on links within this forum. If not, I'll be attempting to repeat in 2017, but have a feeling there will be some guys ready to knock me off.