old buggy identification

yachtman

Had to be from early 80's, Pernod sponsor a Score Baja 500. I had my class one painted the same way

ACME

Just a guess but looks very Bunderson with a hint of Chenoweth in the cage?

Bro_Gill

Right on Acme- I was thinking Chenowth had their hand in there somewhere as well. Cage and rear uprights look like early Chenowth stuff. Front shocks look like early Fox air shocks, like from 1982. The side nerfs look like Chenowth style as well. Maybe Lynn was contracted to do something for across the pond?

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
Yes those look like Fox air shocks. They went back much further than 1982, as had them on a 1978 Honda CR250

bajaxp

Baja Bobsled Team
You know what- I wonder if Triple EEE built that?
I think you might be right! Wasn't there also another company that made those little stadium cars that ran Honda Pilot engines? H&R and/or Briggsbuilt built stadium lite buggies if I am remembering correctly. The buggy in the pics says, 'Sidewinder Race Cars' right on the visor.

ACME

HRD had upper/lower A-Arms, I got to race one once and remember it well. Either Triple EEE or Briggsbilt had a single lower arm as did ProATV but if not mistaken they were Odyssey based?

Wheelbase too long for a Stadium Super Light or whatever the name was back in the day. Cage at C pillar looks Chenoweth, Hi Jumper or early Raceco to me. The front end & nose look like something from Bundersons fertile mind: Light and very simple. To me the build seems short course in nature but the hubs say high end desert build.

I remember a guy in the valley that had a desert car that used the mini mag belt drive theory back in the La Rana days but I can't remember the car.

perico

motor kawasaki z1000 1976 ..160cv engine big prize
dimensiones largo 4 metros ancho 2 metros peso 350 kg
high level car. do not play thanks

Kevin Bunderson built a one-off car for Jack Johnson to drive, out of Butch Dean's Valley Performance shop, at Riverside in I think 1983. The car was super light and raced in class 10. I went to Riverside that year and remember the car. Jack rolled the car and it never really got a chance to shine...in practice he was close to Mike and Scott Gillman's funco cars on performance. I thought the car did pretty good for being right out of the box. Anyway, that car looked a lot like this one if my memory serves me right.

perico

Good news thanks from where I can look for more information and photos. to be able to verify this car is unique does not follow the rules of its light.and light time and great quality .. is not a toy is a racing car
thank you all thankful

Bro_Gill

The rear cage on the Bunderson shortcourse car was different. He also did a chain driven car with chains running from the pivot of the trailing arm back to the driven wheel, one on each side, Crazy man. Many of the parts on this car scream Chenowth and if the motor is from the 1970s, it is a possibility. The other cars perico posted are funcos and the UMP/Rhodine single seater. I am thinking maybe Triple EEE/Chenowth minds melded here.