Old Duralast 8 truck

RacerX

Reaction
Does anybody have any close up pictures of the Old Duralast Class 8 Truck suspension?
And much travel did that truck have?

Thanks in advance

Jimmy8

Reaction
check out www.enduroracing.com The site hasnt been updated in a long time, but it has a lot of pictures and stuff on their 8 truck.

"We've done so much with so little for so long, we can do anything with nothing!"

Chris_Wilson

Reaction
It's sitting at Race Design right now in El Cajon. It's been rode hard and put away wet.

Dave_G

Reaction
RE: how much travel did that truck have?

I talked with Dave Ashley today and asked him about the wheel travel on the old class 8 truck. 22 inches of travel for the rear wheels and 19 1/2 inches in the front. Front suspension was twin I beam.

Dave

RacerX

Reaction
Thanks Dave_G. Did they run 22 also in the rear when SCORE had the 15" limit to the front?

Dave_G

Reaction
RE: Did they run 22 also in the rear when SCORE had the 15" limit to the front?

I'm not sure weather they did or not. Next time I talk to Ashley I'll ask him.

Dave

scott

Reaction
Dave, didn't it have 19 to 20" of Travel all along, they just changed the limiting Straps when they ran Class 8 to TT ???

Dave_G

Reaction
RE: they just changed the limiting Straps when they ran Class 8 to TT ???

I don't think it was as simple as that Scott. I recall having to make numerous different components when that change occured. There were new I beams built also.

Dave

Tom_Willis

Reaction
Everybody remembers how fast (and successful) the ex-Duralast truck was. Rumor is the super-secret, ultra-exotic material used for the suspension was a new rare-earth metal, (it doesn't appear on the periodic table of elements), it was developed in the cold war by government researchers sworn to secrecy, hiding in Area 51. The code name for this stuff was "unobtainium".

scott

Reaction
Area 51, Top Secret Materials???? Why did it have wheels then?????

Dave_G

Reaction
RE: . Rumor is the super-secret, ultra-exotic material used for the suspension was a new rare-earth metal,

Ain't no rumor. We specialize in those kinds of materials. ;-)

Dave

Tom_Willis

Reaction
Another secret: Dan and Dave are actually twin cyborgs with different heads! Duralast downloads the map into their hard drive before each race, while each 'borg features nightvision and speed sensors built into their heads. The GPS antenna on the roof is just for show. And that's why they win!

Jimmy8

Reaction
Anyone have any pics of Ashley's 7s or the duralast protruck?

PMC Racing

Dave_G

Reaction
RE: Anyone have any pics of Ashley's 7s or the duralast protruck?

Which 7s ? I have pics of the 7 4x4, the 7s Jeep and the black 7s.

Dave

Jimmy8

Reaction
The jeep mainly, but I would like to see the others as well if you could post them.

PMC Racing

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Does anybody know where I can find the sound clip for the new Duralast truck. I had it before, but can't seem to find it now. Or if you have could you email it to me.

Thanks

Kris

"Revenge is best served cold"