• Forum membership has its advantages....

old funco in NC

Ty Owings

What gen is it and is there a vin tag on the frame?

Ty Owings

Gotcha. Way before the tags then. maybe contact funco. not even sure if they made them that early. im guessing beam in the front?

Larry in N.C.

If u watch the vidio that Gill madefor History Of Funco the car is at the very end with the word SUBARU on the side panel. I am in Clayton. S of Raleigh............ there is a pic of it on Baha desaddleback thred. It's the yellow car. its under short course racing . Page 2 at the bottom

Last edited:

Larry in N.C.

Yes thats the car as it is today. I do know now that the frame was painted metal flake silver from Gill George. By the way, has anybody seen him on here at all ? I guess that he is doing good after the hospital trip....... I would like to have that pic of the buggy where the L is now.............

Last edited:

Larry in N.C.

Well I just found a good pic of the SUBARU buggy that I have... Malcolm Smith drove this car in the DAM 500 parker race 1973. Peterson Gallery!!!!!!!! YEA Car 144..........

Larry in N.C.

Yes and I found a shot at another pic I think was at baha 500 maybe in 73 . The # car 116.. It was on a vidio . Kind of hard to stop.