Old Laughlin Video

KitRacer

Reaction
Yeah that was awesome to watch in person. In just the right frame i can make myself out up on the hill. I wasnt even able to react until the truck was gone. Only thing cooler than the truck goin y sideways and pullin it off was the fight between pit crews in the middle of the course as the next TT approached. That event coupled with the ten car rollin up the hill w/ no steering ended the spectating at the road crossing

racer951

Reaction
I heard about the fight, wish I was there...did the 10 car get all the way up that hill? In the 2nd or third frame that the right rear is touching the ground herbst is at a 60-70 degree angle to the left with the tires turned all the way against the grain...don't know how it didn't flip. Maybe it's the 50 grand in suspension...

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
http://arto-motive.com/herbstincar.mpeg

I got about 20 PM's
so here is the clip for all to see. If you look to the right you'll see the MacPherson truck.

erikh

Reaction
Why was MacPherson going so slow? Or, what's the story behind this whole thing? I'm not familiare with this scene at all so I'm just wondering more about what happened.

erik

racer951

Reaction
From what I heard, Macpeherson was pitting right before the road crossing, and his crew told him to pull out while the road corrising guy was red flagging him because herbst was flying through...Herbst almost crashed badly and I heard the 2 pit crews almost came to blows on the course right after it happened.