old rave buggies

martininsocal

Reaction
Need some help- I just found and purchased an old hijumper 2 seat car-probably from the early '70's. About 80" wheelbase. What i need is some pics of these things from when they raced. It is not an Ascot, it has a shortback design. Very similiar to the wampuskitty, but not A-Arm.

Here is the killer. Today I was out checking my fire engine for the morning and a White Jeep Grand Cherokee goes by towing one of these buggies. It was headed south on Sage Rd.(R-3 in Riverside county), this was Saturday Morning. It had a Yellow body I think. I was too excited to run out in the Rd. to stop the guy. If anyone Knows who this is, or has any pictures of the body of one of these cars, I would really appreciate some help putting this thing back together.

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

martininsocal

Reaction
wayne- the link doesn't work? can i get them from extreme buggies without a member id?

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

Terrie_Tavis

Reaction
We have two Hi Jumpers. They are both presently being used for shortcourse racing (we're racing them next weekend, as a matter of fact). They're both in great shape, just needed a little safety requirment updating. I raced one of them three years go in the VORRA Desert Series. They'te a lot of fun and there's a reason they're called Hi Jumpers. They're very light and love to fly!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tavis-racing.com/hi_jumper.html>www.tavis-racing.com/hi_jumper.html</A>

Bad Ass Toys Aren't Just For Boys!!!

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
I did it just for you Bill

Tony
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.y-not-productions.com>www.y-not-productions.com</A>

martininsocal

Reaction
guys and girl- this car is way older than all those cars. this thing is around 1969-1973. really old. wayne- i had a hijumper like that around 1987-88. think funco wampuskitty, that is what this car looks like.

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

ntsqd

Reaction
"Sounds like you've got more projects then Carter's got pills!"

Um, just how old are you ? Don't hear that'n any more. I won't mention who in my family always uses that phrase. Bet most people here don't even know who Carter is. (Not Jimmy either)

TS

"Teach you all I know and you're still stupid"
-- Howdy Lee

ntsqd

Reaction
If anyone knows of one of roughly that vintage buggie in Wayne's pic for sale, I'm interested. I'm looking for something solid, mostly there, and cheap to use as a spectator car. Roller is fine, even if it needs rolling stock to do it.

TS

-- Howdy Lee

martininsocal

Reaction
lee- there was a an old hijumper 2 seater like that for sale in parker when i was there for the race. it had the body, and was a roller. the guy wanted way too much money for it, but my guess was he was trying to build on the race being in town. i will see if i can find the phone #.
martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

ntsqd

Reaction
There's a good point, asuming it isn't stuffed with all of the latest shocks & whatnot what is a price range for something like this ?

TS

-- Howdy Lee

martininsocal

Reaction
thom- I would be safe saying about 500 bucks for this one is a fair price. when I say roller, taht is all I mean. It has basically stock suspension thrown on it to make it moveable. there were no race shocks or anything like that. just a good base chassis with a body and fuel cell waiting for someone to lavish love and bolt-on parts on it. That is one of the nice things about old race buggies, unless they are really wrecked, to bring them back to previous glory usually only requires wrenching, love, and money!

martin

If your gonna go, go BIG