Old school Dave Ashley bio video

sb4pro

Reaction
Found this cool vid on Dave Ashley I thought you'de all like . Me being a Ford guy I totally forgot that Dave drove for Jeep as well as him being in Fords . He still did the most stuff in his career with Ford though lol .

DEZERTBOUND

Reaction
sb4pro you forgot the back side info ;)......Dave was super nice to fans and fellow racers.

Attachments

sb4pro

Reaction
sb4pro you forgot the back side info ;)......Dave was super nice to fans and fellow racers.
Lol yeah I posted the Simon and Simon one once too and think it was Zpoyly that posted the back of it . All those pics are from the Rough Rider website . As much as I wish I had the whole set of the the only one I actually have is Rob Mac's from 1999 .
image.jpg image.jpg

Josh 8

Reaction
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Yea. Dave and Dan included are a real class act.

When they where closing the shop I grabbed a stack of the hero cards I have posted above.

Dave and Dan are both genuine people. As a 27 year old kid I wondered I to the Enduro compound and these guy actually talked to me. A kid with a dream. It's close to 20 years later and they still answer thier cell phones when they see its me calling. There great guys.

sb4pro

Reaction
That was one of the meanest sounding TTs out there back then

Josh 8

Reaction
8 into 1 exhaust.

Josh 8

Reaction
I saw him last week. I was in Rubio's Baja grill for lunch near Ontario Mills and he walked in. Small world.

Josh 8

Reaction
A couple. I was hoping one day they would finance my racing. Like say a dressor drawer full of 1938 Superman #1 would.

Pm me.

Josh 8

Reaction
This got me thinking...

Mike Bakholdin told me a story about Dick just the other day. He was there lead fab-mechanic from about 90 to the end.

Any way as the third hand story goes, Dick was racing his currier with James Garner and they had a horrible run in a early 70's Baja 500. I don't know the times but it had to be about 30 hours into the race and there both in the truck and just done. They are sure there hours back and just thirty for any thing at this point. Supposably one says to the other they could use a beer. And collectively they decide it's a good idea. Any way as they came into Ensendada they spotted a liqueur store and stopped for a beer. (Just picture James Garner and Dick filthy in race gear buying beers and what the guys in the store was thinking). Any way as they lean on the truck drinking the beers they watch another truck cruse by in the same class. At that point they relize they screwed the pooch. They jumped back in the truck and brought home secound.

Last edited:

sb4pro

Reaction
Mike Bakholdin told me a story about Dick just the other day. He was there lead fab-mechanic from about 90 to the end.

Any way as the third hand story goes, Dick was racing his currier with James Garner and they had a horrible run in a early 70's Baja 500. I don't know the times but it had to be about 30 hours into the race and there both in the truck and just done. They are sure there hours back and just thirty for any thing at this point. Supposably one says to the other they could use a beer. And collectively they decide it's a good idea. Any way as they came into Ensendada they spotted a liqueur store and stopped for a beer. (Just picture James Garner and Dick filthy in race gear buying beers and what the guys in the store was thinking). Any way as they lean on the truck drinking the beers they watch another truck cruse by in the same class. At that point they relize they screwed the pooch. They jumped back in the truck and brought home secound.
Only in Baja bud only in Baja :D
It's moments like that that make me love this sport so much .

sb4pro

Reaction
Here's my favorite vid . It's got Dave and Dan , The Simon's , Steve Olliges and all the rest of the Rough Riders

DEZERTBOUND

Reaction
This got me thinking...

Mike Bakholdin ....... He was there lead fab-mechanic from about 90 to the end.

I remember Mike Bakholdin from the Mike Lesle Jeep racing days. Tell him the Marsee brothers ( Steve and Jack ) say HI !

Attachments

Josh 8

Reaction
Dezertbound. Mike says hello back to you.