Old School Stadium trucks

gary

kind of an off shoot of the trophy trucks post...anybody got pics of the old MTEG trucks????? i've got some old race programs, gonna work on scanning some in maybe... those trucks were awesome, flying out of the peristyle turn at the top of the coliseum...my first off road racing experience, actually.

bajaruner11

I just purchased the Ex Rough Riders Ford driven by Danny Thompson. It's a long story, and it's on the way home now. Here's a pic, it's the white on the inside. The yellow one is was is the truck driven originally by Robby Gordon then later be Rob Mac Cachren it two is on the way home, along with mine.

Attachments

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
That would be great if anybody could post a picture of the trucks coming down the side of the colesium (sp?)!!

See ya in the dirt!

TROPHYSEDAN

I have some cool shots from Mickey s races we built the tracks and did roll over so i got some cool shots from down on the track jumping over me .when they were quilafing .I found some the other day of walker in the Dakota.I also did the test tracks for PPI ,Robby ,Walker , Rob Mc when he drove for Walker and Danny thompson

Bomber52

I was really surprised to see the trucks you are having shipped home as they raced in a series in South Africa. The cars were awesome to watch, although I must say they were given a hiding by the Toyota driven by Rod Millen. I do think it was overall prep and driver experience though.

The shocks on these trucks are incredible, and I had a chance to have a first hand look at them as we serviced them for the guys here.

Glenn

bajaruner11

Bomber52. You are correct the trucks are coming home from South Africa, and yes prep has alot to do with ones sucess. I do have all of the 97 & 98 video coverage from south africa and the Ex Rod Millen Toyota is shown with only a win in one round of racing over there. Anyway good to talk to someone who knows the history of these trucks, Your the kind of person I need on my side! I can't wait to get theme back here, and put new life back into mine.
STEVE

Attachments

Bomber52

I have 2 gearboxes plus some spares from Rod Millin's stadium truck. Does anybody have any idea what they are worth. They are single speed.

Glenn

WFODAN

Whoa , does that bring back some memories . Looking at the pictures I can almost hear them in my head running WFO around the stadiums . Good Times !!!!!

Dan Vance

Rory

Crayola Killer
I'm pretty sure Nye Frank built the 2 newer Ranger short course trucks for Rob MacCachren and Danny Thompson/Jerry Welchel. Russ W. did build the first Venable Ranger that Rod Millen/Robby Gordon and Rob MacCachren drove when Ford moved into the MTEG series back in 1989 (I think).

bajaruner11

elcaprerunner,
Yes these are the Nye Frank trucks. Mine is almost complete, and I'm planning on running it at tough truck at Del Mar as a test bed if all goes well.

bajaruner11

desertratt,
Cool site link thank you.

WFODAN,
Yaahh those where the good ol day's, you know I'm not really sure why I bought this exactly but I think it's like you said, and I quote "I can almost hear them in my head running WFO around the stadiums" end quote. It must be that I miss that awesome echoing backfire they make.

elcaprerunner

Thanks bajarunner, I figured the were built by Nye ( and Dave probably too?) because of the mention of Rob Macs name on the driving list and because of the person who was refering to how crazy the shocks were on it. Got me thinking that he was talkin about Nye's shock design and the way they work. Also, it kind of looked like Nye's design of the chassis too.

TROPHYSEDAN

Yes the good ol days.We boult the tracks and did roll over.I can remember when Roger Mears rolled it 3 times at the collosium. The last time it nocked him out .That was the same race Sherman Balch was stuck in the seats.I can see us in some of the pictures.Talk about loud .We did the Seattle King dome.That was real loud.I used to bould the test tracks for most of them in Diamand bar.Walker,Ivan Arcerios,Danny Thompson. Rob Mac tested there when he drove for Walker. It was cool to do it for Robby's when he started for Toyota.They had all the t v's and mags out there.I have boxes of pictures from the races.We also did a track for Mazda in Cammareo for Glen Harris and if i am write Frank nye worked for them becouse he was there.YES THE GOOD OL DAYS.sorry for my spelling.Thanks Dennis ,11 Brothers racing

RacrDude

Wow...old memories...thanks desertratt....my 2 seconds of fame working on the BUD Nissan ( we always had front end troubles )