Old School t-shirt

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Here's our new t-shirt calld "Old School". Tell me what you guys think. We'll have them out at PRIMM if everything goes well.

Attachments

artman

Reaction
Great design! Reminds of the days of triple digit racers at each race. Keep it up*

Harpo

Reaction
The Big Oly Bronco, and The Malcolm Smith Bud Felkamp class 1 car
Awesome!!

PBR

Reaction
i will buy one from you at the sand show... you outdid yourself once again!!!!

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
No-N0 its the- SmelRay and the-- By Goly--Love the tire choice --Firestoned

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
The cars on the shirt predate my off road existance, but what was the Bronco modeld off of. It looks like the one for steve mizel made in the early 80's.

Ohh yeah looks great too, I'll get one from you Saturday

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Thats Big 'Oly the Olympia Beer bronco. I like how it sly says Big Goly, Golympia and Firestoned! Nice subtle difference!!

martininsocal

Reaction
Rory- Are you and Dave "big" Deal buddies? The shirt is awsome, just wondered if he is flattered?
As to the Big Oly, it was built by the guys from the Stroppe shop to run. There is a funny story about how it actually came to be. Seems Parnelli paid the guys at the shop to build it behind Stroppes back because he didn't want to do it. Then he found out, was pissed, but it all worked out in the end. It was a 2wd Funny Bronco and it was way fast for the times.

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Rory-
Great job on the new/old shirt! Make sure you've got a XXL for me!

Martin-
Big Oly is definitely one of my all-time favorite race cars!

For the youngsters and old guys to enjoy...

Definitely one for the scrapbook! TB meets PJ.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Martin,

Thanks for the HUGE compliment. Dave Deal is by far the biggest influence in my artwork. I've been enjoying his artwork for well over 21 years. I got the chance to meet him a couple years ago and it was quite the honor. For those of you who don't know who Dave Deal is, he's an artist who does a lot of cartoon work......90% cars. He's working with Pixar (people who did the Toy Story movies) and a movie is suppose to be out in 2005...Pixars next big movie. Look for yourself @ www.bigdealart.com .

Tony, I thought you might like it. Big Oly was pretty much the first real Trophy Truck. No frame under it, all tube chassis. To see more about Big Oly, go to: www.bajabronco.com/BigOly.shtml
Thanks for the compliments everyone, hope to see you all at PRIMM. Hey Gabe, are you bringing out the Ranger yet? GEZ!

martininsocal

Reaction
Rory- As they say, flattery is the highest compliment paid. I met Dave back in the late '80's when he was selling his offroad coloring book. He was buddies with the guys at B&R Buggy in O'side and he was also racing with some of the guys around there. I have one of his SCAT posters from probably close to 20 years ago. The Drive In. The names on the tires were always cool and yours fit perfectly. Were you a big fan of "CARtoons" as a kid? I was and may still have some in a box somewhere. Those even predate Dave!

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Martin,

Actually, Dave has done about 6 or 7 covers for CARtoons magazine in the mid and late 70's. I'm looking for those issues so if you have any, let me know and I'll buy them from you.

martininsocal

Reaction
Rory, I read them and all I could about the Fuel altereds into about 4th grade, which was about '74. Then I saw the Movie Dirt and we were hitting Pismo quite a bit and my car needs changed a bit. There were still some offroad stuff in Cartoons even back then.I will look and see what I can Find.

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
The illustration is awesome as usual. 'Don't care for the "Old School" text. It's kinda plain and overpoweered by the illustrations below.