Old School T.V. Show Videos

BobBower

Reaction
Klaus and Gabe Lara have cornered me and wagged their collective fingers at me about the videos I have of the Trophy-Truck races we put on ESPN, ESPN2, FOX Sports and SpeedVision. They are trying to convince me that many of you would be interested in grabbing one or more of these shows for your library.
For those that don't know about these shows, I should give you an overview.

These are the Trophy-Truck races we filmed for television in 1995 and 1996. The tapes, (or DVD's) are direct dubs off of the Master Beta tape that goes to the television network to air the show. That means they are the ultimate in high quality image, color and sound. Real clear. Real colors. Great sound. All of this changes when they are copied on a friend's VHS. Drivers like Robby Gordon, Walker Evans, Curt LeDuc, Simon& Simon, Rob McMcachren, Larry Ragland and more are who shows up on these shows. Actually, some pretty neat stuff. Some spectacular stuff, some funny interviews. Passes, crashes, jumps, bumps and thumps.

Most have Dave Despain and I doing the commentary. Some have Ralph Sheheen, and a few others have Brian Drebber as the play by play guy.

Asking this is a little awkward for me because I am one of the guys doing the shows. I guess its an ego thing. Tooting my own horn is not something I dovery well. Klaus and Gabe tell me that they are worthy of the effort to get them from the production company. I'm not convinced.

I suppose what I am asking is if there is enough interest from the group to justify the expense of having a batch or two of tapes or DVDs made.

So, What do you think? Worth doing? Who of you would want some? Are Klaus and Gabe on to something here?

Let me know...

Bob

klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Bob, its you that is onto something.

From all the desert tv shows that I have recorded from TV over the years I still and only watch the above mentioned shows. Its Trophy Trucks at its best with a good story line behind it.

Thumbs up from my end. Well worth buying for the home collection.

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
I for one am absolutely interested! Those are the best years in my opinion. All of my stuff from that era is completely warn out or lost somehow!

BobBower

Reaction
The only stuff I have from the 80's is the Riverside World Championships from '83 and '84 I think. I'm not sure what years I have. But I know I have the one where John Randall and I had the big crash on Thompsons Ridge while were were leading the Heavy Metal Challenge. The quality is what you would expect from a recording off of the T.V. so the color is not perfect, and the image is not as good as if it was from the master beta tape.

The good news... It's the entire T.V. Show.
The not so good news... it is 2nd generation video, and I don't have many.

Bob

Mike_McCluskey

Reaction
I'm in for as many different videos as you have available. A definite shortage of desert race videos from back then.

bpthirteen

Reaction
We didn't race Riverside until 1986. I was racing with Cameron Steele in 5-1600. I would still love to see the races you do have.

www.prepbyjake.com

tkr

Reaction
Count me in for a DVD, or two or three....

Matt Nelson
Team Kwik Racing

BradM

Reaction
DVD would be cool. Otherwise, tape is still worth having. Keep us posted if you follow through.

Chris

Reaction
I'm in. DVD would be great!

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Bob,

As per our conversation on this @ Pete's, I'm sure the interest will turn up a bit more as word gets out now.
There are alot of people that aren't active readers/ participants on RDC I've spoken to regarding these races that are interested as well.

Especially with a new generation of TT's now here, it only makes it more exciting to see the changes in technology, and the HUGE mfg. backing that once was.

I'd be safe to say DVD's are definitely the way to go.
I know I'm good for at least 4 copies.

-Gabe

Tom

Reaction
Count me in for one of everything! (VHS - like the title says "Old Skool")