old school trivia

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Tell me the complete up to today history of this truck:

RacerX

Reaction
Rob MacCarcren drove it and won the first SCORE TT Championship in 94. Not sure on the date.

michael_loomis

Reaction
isnt that the truck juan carlos ramos (mafia) was selling for 40 grand after he went to jail ?

btshannon

Reaction
Venable's class 8 built by Russ Wernimont driven by Robby Gordon. Class 8 champion, (can't remember what year though). Won the Baja 1000 overall one year (can't remember what year though). Robby got a job racing on pavement , so Rob Macachren (sp?) was the new driver. ( I heard a rumour that he got the job because they only had to peel the "by" from the driver's name decal). One more class 8 title and a Trophy Truck championship for Rob.
That's all that I can remember without my reference material.

Donahoe

Reaction
Its funny that this is called old school.... Seems like yesterday... LOL Oh my rumatisim is setting in ...

Sites

Reaction
BT,

Are you sure you aren't referring to this (Robby's) truck? Which he then sold to Marty Coyne? It was known as "Rosanne" and it was an ex-class 8 (I believe) that raced in TT.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I love the "old school" TT's more than the new one's for some reason. I never get bored looking at them. They just look so bada$$!

Sites

Reaction
Agreed, the old TTs look badass. I think I like looking at them so much more because they still look somewhat like REAL trucks and they used technology and fabrication that is finally attainable by the average joe now days. Trophy Trucks nowdays are cool in an "F1" way -- incredible, yet out of reach of 99% of the desert crowd.

btshannon

Reaction
I believe that Robby raced that truck with Frank Vessels before it was sold to the Coynes. I'm pretty sure that we are talking about two diiferent trucks here. Once again, the years all seem to run together and I can't remember when these trucks were raced. Too many beers I guess.

martininsocal

Reaction
The first truck is from the Venable Stable driven by Robby G. and Rob Mac. The second truck was built by Vessels and Bunderson, Robby got some seat time, and then Coynes bought it. That truck was built with balljoints originally, but once Robby started driving it. they had to change it to king pins because he would drive beyond the parts capabilities. Soon after that, Robby started the current Trophy)star) truck wars. Even he has said he knows whatthe next level is for the fastest trophy truck, but he doesn't want to spend that kind of money.