Old School Yrophy Trucks

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
well roseanne is here in vegas a guy named Jason Yoman. He bought it and raced it at Caliente two years ago and was hit by a ten car and messed up the frame. I know it was at Lonny Helmbolts shop but i do not know where it is know. And also what ever happened to the Castex chevy s-10

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I think Brian Coates purchased that truck. He won the TT division of Fireworks race in the late 90's. That was his only TT victory in SCORE.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Lucas-

The old Keith Jackson/CASTEX TT has been owned by Mike Tieman for several years. He raced it as a TT for a few years, but lately, has stripped the fenders and bedsides off of it, and runs it in Class 1. I beleive the paint job is a dark yellow and blue checkerboard pattern.

Later!

"Get Creative!"

Tony B.

dave

Reaction
Is this the one Tony ?

Attachments

• 5-24863-12.jpg
    5-24863-12.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 293

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Mike Tiemans truck was the sister truck of Danny Letner's (or vice versa)???

Brian Coates' (sp?) victory was the '97 fireworks 250. Then didn't he go to work for Herzog's?
I think I saw Brian in a 2/1600 at Parker this year.

"Quality has No Fear of Time"

bpthirteen

Reaction
I think Raceco built both the Castex truck and the Letner truck. Tim Scalzo has one of the trucks that was built at that time. He races it in class 1.

http://www.prepbyjake.com

Attachments

• 5-24866-221.jpg
    5-24866-221.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 246

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Dave-

Yes indeed, that's the one!

Is it time for the RDC Boyz to add an Old School area????

"Get Creative!"

Tony B.

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
bpthirteen-In your attachment you show the Scalzo truggy built by Mike Monohan (aceco) (I thought)

"Quality has No Fear of Time"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by AllwaysRcn on 06/14/02 12:48 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Hey Tony!
Didn't Doug Fortin run one of those trucks in the early 90's as well?
I remember seeing about 3-4 of them run usually at every race....especially the Castex truck too, as I was just getting into the "Industry" at the time, and thought it was very cool that they were running a TT.

-Gabe

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Not Positive but I think Fortin's was like the Class 1 that Pat Dean has (no skins on front) but with a truck body on it. Fortin used it to test parts...lol
Didn't an Ibarra end up with it recently?

"Quality has No Fear of Time"

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Gabe-

Doug Fortin, Jr. did run a similar truck during the '95-'96 season. If I'm not mistaken, the Fortin piece was fabbed by Chenowth, complete with independent rear suspension.

The truck was sold and run in TT by the late Xavier Espinoza, from Ensenada. This is the same guy who also purchased and campaigned one of the trucks from the Nelson & Nelson stable.

So when Doug was tapped to drive for MacPherson, he was no beginner in TT.

Take care!

"Get Creative!"

Tony B.