old sckool ESPN video's

4seater

so i was watching ESPN Classic the other day, i think it was Nascar Coke 600 from back like 1975 or something like that, but i was thinking wouldn't it be cool if they showed like old offroad SCORE races, like the 1000, the 500, fireworks 250, Lauglin, Riverside Parker, on ESPN Classic. names like Mears, Stewart, Evans, Simon bros, Smith, Leduc, Swift that would be cool i'm sure ESPN still has those races somewhere down in ther vaults

so what do guys think ?

CaptinCrash

theres got to be some way to get those tapes

310Kid

Idk what tapes my dad has in his little vault but he has a ton of VHS off-road tapes. ill take a look and see what he has

Dezertpilot

Uh yeah, that would be wayyyy sweet!

HDRA1

The Godfather
theres got to be some way to get those tapes
first it is the copy rights and trust me it is a nightmare

and it is alot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

espn most likely wont show them due to the fact they don't have enough interest in the race or the events they would rather put spelling bee's and poker on ESPN now instead of sports

i have a bunch of footage that was given to my grandfather and still had to make sure it was written off to use there footage for a video i have been working on for almost 5 years some of these companies are not even around anymore and had to search them all out it took alot of time and money and finding the right people to
work on converting film from 8mm betamax tapes and vhs tapes it all now on DVD's and ready to be gone through the quality is not the best but i think it will be great with some of the interveiws that will go with the video

kwood

I'm a believer
I have a whole bunch at home that my dad taped when I was around 5 yrs old. Some home videos, some from ESPN. I have watched them about 100 times each. The list includes fireworks 250 93-96, Baja 500/1000 93-96 and quite a few more. It would be cool if they were aired on ESPN classic.

4seater

i say we all start sending e-mails ESPN to put these races on ESPN Classic, not ESPN or ESPN 2. if we can e-mail our senators and congressman to keep the deserts open i'm sure could get something going. i got old tapes with old races on them that i'll never let go, i even got old mickey thompson tapes back when Jimme Johnson was racing the Nature's recipe staium lite. and look where he's at these days.

fullthrottle

Does anyone have copies of the 1994 & 1995 Baja 1000 ESPN videos?