Old Score Race Trivia! What race and when????

Reaction

I found this video on youtube. I recognize many of the trucks but I am not at all sure when or where it was taken. My best guess is the 1994 Parker 400. I sure someone out there knows for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

desertspeed

Reaction
The funny thing is, if you are watching that video, and you ignore who the drivers are, it kind of looks like a current 1400 race...... Technology and speed have come a long way.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
It's the 95 Fireworks 250, I believe Jerry Zaiden filmed it. He had it posted on the Camburg website for a while.

kwood

I'm a believer
Reaction
Fireworks 250, 1995

I think
agreed.. 1995 fireworks 250...
jimmy smith has the #2 on his ruck so it has to b 95' and it looks like barstow for sure:D
It's the 95 Fireworks 250, I believe Jerry Zaiden filmed it. He had it posted on the Camburg website for a while.
I 4th this opinion.:D I remember that shot of Leduc going over the jump on ESPN and the announcers talking about "kick" and then Rob Maccachren came right behind him and they commented about how much smoother Rob was. Then Rob found a nice line and passed him and they talked about how good Rob is at Barstow. That is a sweet video, I still have it lying around somewhere. I should watch it again...

Mark Newhan

Reaction
I 4th this opinion.:D I remember that shot of Leduc going over the jump on ESPN and the announcers talking about "kick" and then Rob Maccachren came right behind him and they commented about how much smoother Rob was. Then Rob found a nice line and passed him and they talked about how good Rob is at Barstow. That is a sweet video, I still have it lying around somewhere. I should watch it again...
It was Bob Bower talking about "quick kick"

cvc motorsports

Reaction
That race was awesome to spectate with I believe like 12 short laps if I remember right. I also believe Jimmie Johnson was driving TT in that race and rolled hard. Might also be the race where Ivan and Walker got tangled and had the tragic accident that killed a photographer. I may be wrong, but looks like the race to me.

BCG1

Reaction
That race was awesome to spectate with I believe like 12 short laps if I remember right. I also believe Jimmie Johnson was driving TT in that race and rolled hard. Might also be the race where Ivan and Walker got tangled and had the tragic accident that killed a photographer. I may be wrong, but looks like the race to me.
Correct. Pulled out the old photo albums. Remember those? 95 Fireworks. Short laps run on Friday. Walker and Ivan at the S/F line. Robby in Valvoline livery.

racinteach

Reaction
Yes the good ole days of close racing. yeah I rememebr being at the event.

M.Harvey1600

Reaction
Not really. Several of those trucks are still running competitively.
yeah i counted quit a few that still race

1)robby gordon -- riviera championship truck

2)jimmy smith -- current pci truck.... old terrible herbst truck

3)larry ragland/arnlod -- was raced by chad for a while til he built the t-force trucks

4)danny letner -- bein raced in mexico

5)simon & simon -- bein raced in mexico, by juan carlos ibarra i think, he also owned the
old roger mears chevy single seat truck.

6)walker evans --1 of the trucks is bein raced in mexico as a chevy!
the other i think was the racer offroad chevy now a dodge again...

7)curt leduc -- racing in cabo as a chevy

8)bob richey and tom baker/RCR racing -- raced by will staats and won terribles town 250 last year...

these are a few that i caught from the video...

Reaction
Guess it wasn’t much of a trivia. There were a few drivers names mentioned in some of the replies that I didn’t know were in this video. If anybody has a spare moment and they know any of the drivers names Please post the name and time they appear in the video. Thanks in advance. Also whose truck was the 807 near the end?

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
The names of the drivers as they appear on the video, teams like Walker Evans (2) and the Baldwins (3) were running multiple vehicles so I labeled them #1, #2 etc.

Walker Evans #1
Baldwin #1
Baldwin #2
Jimmy Smith
Walker Evans #2 (Brian Stewart)
Ivan Stewart
Curt LeDuc
Rob McCachren
Roger Mears
Simon &Simon
Bob Richey
Danny Letner
Robby Gordon
Jimmy Johnson (Butch)
Walker Evans #1
Baldwin #1
Jimmy Smith
Ivan Stewart
Baldwin #2 (Moving slow)
Baldwin #3
Curt LeDuc
Larry Ragland (Arnold)
??????
Robby Gordon
Walker Evans #2
Baldwin #1
Jimmy Smith
Ivan Stewart
Curt LeDuc
Simon & Simon
Robby Gordon
Jimmy Johnson

and I believe the 8 truck is Dale White/ Brian Collins

Perfect Race

Reaction
I think that was the one of the best TT races ever. The most trucks ever (at that time), 21 mile lap, 12 laps no stopping at check points. The race was on Friday so Saturday was another classic Firecracker 250. I rode in Baldwin truck #86 that day. Too many flats but still got a good finish.

DSRacing

Mini Metal MOD
Reaction
Tecate Trophy-Truck
Official Results
June 30, 1995
Barstow, California

1. Paul Simon
2. Jason Baldwin
3. Ivan Stewart
4. Robby Gordon
5. Steve Kelley
6. Jim Baldwin
7. Jim Smith
8. Rob MacCachren
9. Carl Renezeder
10. Jimmie Johnson

kwood

I'm a believer
Reaction
QUOTE=BlueLightSpecial;778887]WOW DSRacing, very impressive. So I got one last question. Who won the race?? Thanks Again[/QUOTE]

Tecate Trophy-Truck
Official Results
June 30, 1995
Barstow, California

1. Paul Simon
2. Jason Baldwin
3. Ivan Stewart
4. Robby Gordon
5. Steve Kelley
6. Jim Baldwin
7. Jim Smith
8. Rob MacCachren
9. Carl Renezeder
10. Jimmie Johnson
The simon & simon interview after the race was great! "So how did the race go, was it a good day?" "Well we are standing here at the top of the podium so it must of been a good day." jajaja