• Forum membership has its advantages....

Old VORRA Pics

bullock1

Here are some more pictures of my dads truck the first set are from the 1986 virginia city race when he rolled it 7 times. The rest are assorted vorra races thoughout the late 80s.

Attachments

ksmith

Yeah, but you can sure see global warming from then to now :) I haven't packed a jacket to Yerington in years.
Really?? No Jacket? Not even last year (2008) in May when it poured down rain all weekend. Race morning I could see my breath. I was glad I had my jacket. The first couple of laps were sure MUDDY!!

y2kbaja

Really?? No Jacket? Not even last year (2008) in May when it poured down rain all weekend. Race morning I could see my breath. I was glad I had my jacket. The first couple of laps were sure MUDDY!!
I had 1 pair of pants and a light jacket in the motorhome that weekend. I was cold. But I said I haven't "packed" a jacket.

Fandango

I purchased this truck from Ray Fisher (far right) two years ago. Most of the battle scars have been removed and some upgrades since this pic. It was a Vorra regular in the '90s. If anyone has pictures or history please chime in. I posted this on old off-road pics thread also. I have no racing pics of the Honcho and am hoping some of you Vorra guys do. New to posting...lots to figure out.

bullock1

I know the first race Raymond raced with that truck was the 1990 yerington memorial day race. I called my dad and he said he might have some pics of the Honcho from that race I will post if he finds them

I might have some pics, as well. I'm pretty sure that I have at least a few snippets of video on VHS...good looking truck.

Fandango

Hey Eric...long time. We ran 344 last fall. My ringer owns the scrambler now. Are you and Gordon going to run the jeep this year?

jackassracing89

Man those pics bring back so many great memories from VC. Gotta love the 401 of Don German. It was always between him, Sam Berri and Tom Scahill (407) for the overall's. I wish we still had that race at VC. It was always a fan and racer classic

flyingford

Man those pics are awsome. I wonder if the hotel would let us race through the parking lot? Wish it was possible to put a race on there again but they paved 6 mile canyon and the pit area is now a hotel. When I go to reno i make it a thing to go to virginia city just to relive it. Those pics make you wonder where all those trucks are now? I know there are old vorra racers just lurking to come back out.
Thanks and keep them coming
Carl O'Connor