On Patrol in a 2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor

idealer

Reaction
Most right-minded people agree that the Ford Raptor is a sweet ride.

However, as much as I admire Fox Racing suspension components, flared fenders, and massive off-road tires, you've got to admit that the Raptor's talents are on the esoteric side. Off-roading is a pretty niche hobby in the first place (despite what Land Rover and Jeep would have you believe), and the F-150 SVT Raptor is designed for a specific kind of off-roading-high-speed desert-running. And who really does that on a regular basis?

The U.S. Border Patrol, that's who. Most of the U.S./Mexico border is an arbitrary line across the desert, and we haven't gotten around to paving much of it. Which means that the people tasked with patrolling that border are basically professional off-roaders. They might see pavement in the morning when they leave the house and again when they head home, but in the interim they're driving across dunes, hard-packed sand, and dry riverbeds -- basically prerunning the Baja 1000, 365 days a year. These people need Raptors.

Full Article...

gabe928

Reaction
Nice article, I like it. I think they might be a bit more succesfull with these FORDS.

AzBajaman

Big Az Dad
Reaction
Those trucks belong to the Yuma County Sheriff Office..............I see them all the time in Yuma

yzmike777

Reaction
really cool. and a very important and risky job. they also drive really cool long travel sand cars as a job too!

Mr. Pickle

Reaction
And how do we not know that selling loads of Raptors to boarder state law enforcement agencies as well as the boarder patrol wasn't in Ford's thoughts while designing the trucks?? I am betting that thought helped push that project into production. (not saying anything negative, I really like the Rapotrs) Sick American vehicles keeping America safe, I love it. :)

jsallenbach

Reaction
I always wanted to be a border partol agent, and its probably not to late to join. We where driving through quartzsite(sp) last week and we wrapped with a border patrol agent, ended up getting a picture with one, thanked them for what they do, and took off.

DezertRaders

Reaction
The Raptor 6.2l is a blast to drive even if you don't drive off-road. Take one for a spin on the street, play around with the rear locker..It is the funnest truck I have ever driven that is stock.

MattV

Reaction
I wonder if Yuma County is taking laterals....

jamoffroad1

Reaction
thats why Ford is building the supercrew ... the BLM-border patrol said we love them but 'we'NEED CREW CAB WITH THE REAR SEAT WITH ITS OWN DOOR