On the car engine balancing...True Line

tltony

Reaction
If you've ever had an engine that just seemed to vibrate too much, we've found a solution...really! See the video. It really works.

Slippery P

Reaction
As cool as that fix is, what is causing the vibration?
It is not normal for an engine to just develope a vibration.

tltony

Reaction
Don't know. The engine vibrated from the day it was installed. Prior to me working on it the flywheel and harmonic balancer were swapped out in an effort to fix it. This is the second 383 built by the same "mass producer" of strokers that I've done this on. Both are perfectly smooth operating now.

Slippery P

Reaction
Gotcha, good on you for fixing their failure to properly balance the rotating assembly.

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
After digesting this concept their are some things to consider if you need to add more than 10 grams to an engine it's now "externally balanced" meaning at high RPM the crank will flex causing the center bearing to wear from taking the brunt of the load, with a chev it will eventually eat the 3rd main bearing, on a ford it will take out the 3rd main center/thrust bearing causing all kinds of issues with excessive end play converter, rods etc. If the engine doesn't see 5000+ rpm most of the time it will live awhile before the defecation hits the reciprocating ocelator or "POOF" Another one bites the dust. On a further note what race organisation allows Chevy engines in a ford?

Slippery P

Reaction

tltony

Reaction
We raced the Thing TT in SCORE, BITD, MDR, CODE and RECORD. I added an S10 grill to the Ranger body in an effort to comply. No one ever said a word about it.

Attachments

• 0405170743[1].jpg
    0405170743[1].jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 133

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Reaction
We ran a V6 chev motor in class1 car with a S10 body on it in SNORE late 90s, never could keep the body on more than 30 miles if memory serves the front end is still hanging on the wall at a fine establishment called "the green lantern" Ely nevada.