on topic

uncle crusty

Reaction
I wonder if there is any directive to the mods to keep discussion forums on topic? Of the few forums I follow, there seems to be a fair amount of discussion that does not relate to the specific forum. I am all for the sentimental stuff and the birthday wishes, but it think they need to be in another area. What do you think?

Thanks for a great forum. ;)

TreyP

"F" you Bill
Reaction
I wonder if there is any directive to the mods to keep discussion forums on topic? Of the few forums I follow, there seems to be a fair amount of discussion that does not relate to the specific forum. I am all for the sentimental stuff and the birthday wishes, but it think they need to be in another area. What do you think?

Thanks for a great forum. ;)

You would have to have full time mods to edit and keep topics on track. It's the internet and this place has become popular, so it is next to impossible to mod the site full time. Actually RDC is small time compared to other sites I frequent. Could you imagine this site with 100K+ users and almost 9 million posts? Klaus would have a coronary:eek:.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
You would have to have full time mods to edit and keep topics on track. It's the internet and this place has become popular, so it is next to impossible to mod the site full time. Actually RDC is small time compared to other sites I frequent. Could you imagine this site with 100K+ users and almost 9 million posts? Klaus would have a coronary:eek:.

ADVrider? ThumperTalk? ADVrider is nuts!!!!!:eek:

uncle crusty

Reaction
LOL :D I certainly understand the amount of time and presence needed to manage a forum site. I used to spend a lot of time on a computer help site that was all volunteer. It takes work. I was actually not suggesting another forum section but there is a section already that would be appropriate for well wishes and blessings HERE.
Since I am new here and not yet familiar with everything and everyone, I was just asking. I don't want to be the one suggesting to individuals to move their post somewhere else :eek: It is certain I would get the dreaded "Shut Up noob!" :rolleyes:

Thanks for listening ;)

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
I agree. Well wishes and birthday announcements should be in "Whatever" but to be honest I am a push-over and hesitate to move them over since I don't move them all. So what makes me the judge to say a well wish or birthday to a famous racer is more important then to a lesser known racer. So they slide. I take the blame.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
I agree. Well wishes and birthday announcements should be in "Whatever" but to be honest I am a push-over and hesitate to move them over since I don't move them all. So what makes me the judge to say a well wish or birthday to a famous racer is more important then to a lesser known racer. So they slide. I take the blame.

Blame my arse Klaus. You run a AWESOME site! It is the duty of the poster and the o.p. to keep the thread on topic in my opinion. You have WAY to much on your plate for you and your guys to micro manage every thread.

And yes, I do know the definition of irony. wtar..........

:D:D

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
I am in favor of WTAR after I keep meeting more and more of you guys in person. Heck I may start post racing...

Demp

#mikesson
Reaction
i am in favor of wtar after i keep meeting more and more of you guys in person. Heck i may start post racing...

sweeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
I am in favor of WTAR after I keep meeting more and more of you guys in person. Heck I may start post racing...
LOL that is awesome!!! :D WTAR is more like a social group than a thread... it's open to everyone... some jare just to shy to come in and say hi :rolleyes: :D

Reaction
Klaus and Mods:

I like the way we can start a thread in the general desert racing forum, you let it run there while it's hot so it can get maximum exposure and response, like with JRod's turtle and my spare tire threads yesterday, and then move it off to a specific forum later. I'm positive I received more ideas, and a laugh from Nimrod, than if I had originally posted in Shop-Misc.

Kudos.