Onboard Camera options

GHARACING

RDC Crypto
Wondering if there is anything Inlou of a GoPro that people have recently used to record long lengths of video without battery issues, Swapping SD cards ect... Back in the day I used a chase cam PDR100 which i actually still have, But the bullet cams went bad.

It just seems as there is always something going array when I try to use the GP. Maybe im not setting it up correctly or don't have the newest equip? old battery's ect.. Maybe its the GP cant handle the harsh elements of Baja.. Heat mostly...

Id like to just press record and let it go the entire race... 10-40 Hours.. whatever it may be.

School me! Thanks in advance

MTPyle

RDC Crypto
Website
www.eleusisdigitalcanvas.com
If there is a better system than GP I would love to know about it. Took us a long time to get our GP's working well. I think we can get 14 hours 1080P of record and more than that on power.

I guess you could go lower res and get more time but not sure it will look good.

We got the largest SD card we could and got larger external USB battery banks to power the cameras. You have to take the battery out of the GP or have it 100% full charged before you start. If the battery is being charged and used at the same time it gets too hot and shuts down. Also if you power externally with 12v from the vehicle when you start the engine it stops recording. So thats why we went with external power.

There are lots of threads discussing teh GoPro set up for desert.

But I am all ears to find other solutions.

Mike

Advertising supports this site

GHARACING

RDC Crypto
Thanks for the info, ill do some searching!

coryanderson

RDC Crypto
Website
play-well.org

I don't have any personal experience but Eric and Steve run this system and they love it. It's pricey. GoPros do well but they are finnicky.