i wanted help and my thread got deleted....so my question was

how good are the la paz 8" halogens??

RacerX1

Reaction
Website
www.PattyMooreRacing.com
i wanted help and my thread got deleted....so my question was

how good are the la paz 8" halogens??
Are you sure you want a halogen? Most everyone who buys a halogen ends up wishing they had bought an HID. I know they are expensive. What level of rider are you? I use the dual 4" HID's and an HID helmet light. My lights are awesome.

RacerX1

Reaction
Website
www.PattyMooreRacing.com
im moving up to expert, if i get a good deal from baja designs i might end up getting HID
Good call. Diego is an awesome guy to deal with at BD. We are also a dealer for them and for Nite Rider, in case you want a helmet light too. Good luck!

calexiraptor

Reaction
i have an 05 yamaha raptor 660, i used to have the light mount but sold it, i no longer see anything offered for the 660 from bajadesigns

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
I run the Trail tech Eclipse HIDs and wish I would`ve bought something bigger.Although I do like them Just wish I had more lite.Josh Caster came up behind me last year on his KTM and it looked like I was riding in a stadium from his lighting.

CraigChr

Reaction
We are running dual Trail Tech HID's. Started with them at the 06 Baja 1000 and never had a problem. Your raptor has a battery so you should be good with just that wired to the lights. Heard good things about the Baja designs as well. I have not raced them on the quad but have a set of Sol Teks on the Chase truck and they kick butt.

we also run some SC16's on a lower mount as backups in case we have trouble with the 8 inchers but have nevr needed to use them.

the Trail techs need a custom fabbed mount for a quad in dual or single setups, so it might be more expensive.

In my opinion, the baja designs is a lot more plug and play.

J Caster

Honda TRX700XX Pilot
Reaction
I ran two 8" Baja Designs halogens on my quad and it worked great and was enough light to win a couple of races last summer. I ran one pencil beam and one flood beam. The pencil had a 100 watt bulb and the flood had a 55 watt bulb. The quad had no problem keeping up and never had any issues with the Baja Designs stuff.

Bill

Carlos Danger
Reaction
I ran two 8" Baja Designs halogens on my quad and it worked great and was enough light to win a couple of races last summer. I ran one pencil beam and one flood beam. The pencil had a 100 watt bulb and the flood had a 55 watt bulb. The quad had no problem keeping up and never had any issues with the Baja Designs stuff.

yeah I could see great while you were passing me.