one of our own?!?!

justplainnate

last Wednesday night my baja bug was stolen. thursday morning when i realized it was missing i reported it stolen with the San Bernardino county sheriffs department. they took the report and said they would keep me informed. i did a lot of looking myself with friends and family and in our search we got a few names of locals who are known for stealing off-road vehicles and bikes. one of the names we received was actually someone who races and i was told that he steals motorcycles at the races. now more than a week later and still no word i was ready to write it off, i figured it had been stripped and maybe id find the shell hopefully still with the rollcage in it in a few months. this morning i got a call from the san bernardino sheriffs saying they had found my car still intact being stored in Dagget (about 10 miles outside of bartsow) and that i could come pick it up. when i got out there i was relieved to find my baja. the only noticeable damage so far was to the beard seats which were all ripped up and to the wiring for the ignition that they completely "redid" for me. It was found because the idiots tried to sell it to a decent person who had enough brains to call the sheriffs to find out information on the car before they bought it. so when the officer told me the last name of the guy i was shocked to hear it was the same name of the guy that i was told earlier who races and steals motorcycles from the races. i was asked not to say the name yet until the investigation is over. but believe you me i will post the name of the SOB so we all know who he is. and i have the full intent of pressing charges.

M.Harvey1600

its awesome that u got the bug back.... in these hard economic times people are going to desperate lengths to make a few quick bucks... n april i got my truck broken n 2 and had all my archiectural drafting supplies stolen and my nikon D5000 camera stolen as well as my tool box that i was using to prep a race car near my school... about 2700 bucks worth of stuff...

really glad u got the bug back... really curious to find out the name of this crook... its a total shame when some 1 rips of a fellow offroader... they have no class!!!

justplainnate

Post the name!!!
Cool to see you got your car back i hope they throw the book at him..
thanks guys. ill post the POS name, car number and description of his car as soon as they finish the investigation so everyone will know. im told hes "on the run" right now, but im gonna do as much as i can to make sure hes not welcome at off road events.

tool46n2

That sucks it got stollen, but glad you got it back. After they throw the book at him try to slip in a right cross, or kick to the groin. What a punk! If he has the money to race he should have enough money to get his bug.:mad:

M.Harvey1600

That sucks it got stollen, but glad you got it back. After they throw the book at him try to slip in a right cross, or kick to the groin. What a punk! If he has the money to race he should have enough money to get his bug.:mad:
its sad but wut if that is how he makes his $ to race???

by ripping off other members of the off road community, racers and fans! just plain SICK that sum1 would do this... like stealing from a family member!!!

M.Harvey1600

At least tell us what class he races so we can start guessing
amen.... lets start a guessing game... might b fun...

so king dave are u still racing the jacume grand prix???

Shred918

Glad to hear you got your car back and hell I didn't even know you had a baja.

Can we do a public flogging on this guy... if so I am in!!!

diondion1

wait for the end of the investigation he will be long gone or you will not like the outcome, he will cut a deal, tell us now so he can be tried in our forum the peoples(rdc)court

BajaBronco13

Glad you got your ride back. That doesn't happen too often.

One side of me says hold off on giving the name until the investigation is complete but the other side says maybe by knowing his name it will be a warning to others who may do business with this creep.

sparkypyro

If he is on the run from the cops wouldn't it be better for more people to know who he is in case they hear of his whereabouts? It's not like he doesn't know they are on to him am I right?

Dezertpilot

If he was asked by the police to not name names dont say anything just yet. When you are able please do tell so he can be judged by his peers. Well not peers anymore but you get my drift, that way I can be sure to roost him when I see him:)

justplainnate

so heres the update. ive now learned the first name of the guy who stole my car and its not the same as the guy who races, but im told that they are related. The guy who races is however one who has stolen bikes from races. so if your missing a bike from the races this year, you may want to confront him...and like i said i can give any names yet. sorry guys.

M.Harvey1600

its all good man... so glad that u might b able to help out others that have perhaps had stuff stolen by these guys... keep us posted