Ooh ooh....GREAT IDEA...I think

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
:eek:WOW, I'm on fire or really bored.....back in the day, we had a drinking crew called SOAKERS...there was another crew called CBC (Coors Booster Club)...well we once got together to throw a party and it was HUGE...we had our usuals and their usuals and it was a sweet party.....CODE and FUD already did this but, how about ONE huge race where all or many promoters get together with their customer to host a race once a year with HUNDREDS of entries???

Jorge Rodriguez

50% tortoise 50% hare
Reaction
That would be great!! It would need to be a centralized location where we can get the Cali, Mexico, AZ, and Vegas. Like Barstow??
Barstow would be sweet...never been to a race there but heard great things...not a far drive from any of the aformentioned places...people with pull in the desert like PAB and others should push for this...of course not this year or maybe even not next...but it should not die on RDC like so many good ideas...

<Cody Agee>

Whippersnapper!
Reaction
What always sounds like a cool idea isn't a good one lol. i would love to see the promoters fight over the earnings

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
Barstow would be sweet...never been to a race there but heard great things...not a far drive from any of the aformentioned places...people with pull in the desert like PAB and others should push for this...of course not this year or maybe even not next...but it should not die on RDC like so many good ideas...
The hard part would be getting the BLM to let us use more land than what they already got. I think the towns of Barstow and Victorville would be more than accomodating on having such a big race. Food for thought...

PLS

Reaction
The hard part would be getting the BLM to let us use more land than what they already got. Food for thought...
This is a big problem. With the existing limits, a race like the next MORE race with potentially 200+ entries is already pushing the limits of a loop race. To go bigger, we need a lot of the old race areas back!

Old School 8

Reaction
This is a big problem. With the existing limits, a race like the next MORE race with potentially 200+ entries is already pushing the limits of a loop race. To go bigger, we need a lot of the old race areas back!

My question is, and I know there are many answers, but why are there 200 entries for this up-coming race in Barstow, and only 30 or so for this weekends Sonoita 300 in Rocky Point ?

Could Barstows location IN calif. be the main reason ? I'm thinking travel time has got to be the main reason. I have raced SCORE races in Barstow in the 80's. And I have spent a lot of time in Rocky Point. There is NO COMPARISON, between a RP race, and Barstow.

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
My question is, and I know there are many answers, but why are there 200 entries for this up-coming race in Barstow, and only 30 or so for this weekends Sonoita 300 in Rocky Point ?

Could Barstows location IN calif. be the main reason ? I'm thinking travel time has got to be the main reason. I have raced SCORE races in Barstow in the 80's. And I have spent a lot of time in Rocky Point. There is NO COMPARISON, between a RP race, and Barstow.
Mike
The race is in Lucerne.

Tipracer

Reaction
the drive and timing IMO, there are so many races coming up. But I would like the idea of a 100 mile loop in plaster city...

Rick 1634

Reaction
I'd like to see SNORE, MORE and MDR do a "Shootout" race to see who's the fastest of the fast.

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction

hammer down racing

Reaction
Been racing for second all season and loving every mile. You guy's missed a great time in Caliente
I know, it killed us to sit one out. That is the first SNORE race we've sat out since 04.:( Work is pretty hit and miss around here so racing is on hiatus. We are going to try to make it for the night race.